USA: Tice Receives US Patent On FS-2000 Felling Machine
Tice Technology announced today that it had received notification from the United States Patent and Trademark Office that US Patent number 6,135,040 had been issued on its FS-2000 felling machine. This patent is effective for twenty years, until October 24, 2020. The FS-2000, a brand new type of commercial sewing machine (updating existing technologies by over 100 years), was developed in conjunction with one of the world's largest jeans manufacturers. The FS-2000 is just one application being developed by Tice using its patented and revolutionary Electronic Gearing Technology. Tice, with input from sewing operators, designed it from the ground up, to conform to the needs of both the manufacturer and the operator. The FS-2000 offers greater efficiency in production, higher quality output, less operator fatigue and injury, and shorter training time for new operators, the company claimed. Training time can be reduced by up to 90 per cent (cutting training time from months to days or weeks), creating the ability to use a lower skill labor. Also, the FS-2000 has 90 per cent fewer moving parts, which reduces maintenance and spare parts inventories.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016