USA: Tice Receives US Patent On FS-2000 Felling Machine
Tice Technology announced today that it had received notification from the United States Patent and Trademark Office that US Patent number 6,135,040 had been issued on its FS-2000 felling machine. This patent is effective for twenty years, until October 24, 2020. The FS-2000, a brand new type of commercial sewing machine (updating existing technologies by over 100 years), was developed in conjunction with one of the world's largest jeans manufacturers. The FS-2000 is just one application being developed by Tice using its patented and revolutionary Electronic Gearing Technology. Tice, with input from sewing operators, designed it from the ground up, to conform to the needs of both the manufacturer and the operator. The FS-2000 offers greater efficiency in production, higher quality output, less operator fatigue and injury, and shorter training time for new operators, the company claimed. Training time can be reduced by up to 90 per cent (cutting training time from months to days or weeks), creating the ability to use a lower skill labor. Also, the FS-2000 has 90 per cent fewer moving parts, which reduces maintenance and spare parts inventories.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, HanesBrands
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020