USA: Timberland Expands Online Customer Service System
Timberland, the outdoor apparel and footwear retailer, has chosen eGain Communications to provide the foundation for its online customer service strategy. Timberland has licensed eGain Mail(TM) to permit customer service representatives to process and respond to the increase in customer emails more efficiently."We want to be very accessible to our customers, so we look at this enhancement as the most important online customer service development we've made," said Bill Bragger, customer services manager at Timberland. "Our goal is to respond to customer emails within one business day. eGain Mail will help us reduce processing time by routing emails to the appropriate person and it will help us create better, more consistent responses while ensuring personalised attention to customer inquiries."In 1999 more than 30,000 emails arrived at Timberland. Representatives staffing the company's customer service workstations handle phone inquiries, process incoming mail, and handle all Web-generated correspondences. Incorporating eGain Mail into its customer service offering ensures Timberland is implementing the multi-channel communications strategy recommended by industry experts and analysts."We're honored to have Timberland endorse our customer service software solutions," said Gunjan Sinha, eGain's president. "Today's successful retail strategy begins and ends with customer service."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Lenzing unveils new sustainability strategy
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar