USA: Timberland Expands Online Customer Service System
Timberland, the outdoor apparel and footwear retailer, has chosen eGain Communications to provide the foundation for its online customer service strategy. Timberland has licensed eGain Mail(TM) to permit customer service representatives to process and respond to the increase in customer emails more efficiently."We want to be very accessible to our customers, so we look at this enhancement as the most important online customer service development we've made," said Bill Bragger, customer services manager at Timberland. "Our goal is to respond to customer emails within one business day. eGain Mail will help us reduce processing time by routing emails to the appropriate person and it will help us create better, more consistent responses while ensuring personalised attention to customer inquiries."In 1999 more than 30,000 emails arrived at Timberland. Representatives staffing the company's customer service workstations handle phone inquiries, process incoming mail, and handle all Web-generated correspondences. Incorporating eGain Mail into its customer service offering ensures Timberland is implementing the multi-channel communications strategy recommended by industry experts and analysts."We're honored to have Timberland endorse our customer service software solutions," said Gunjan Sinha, eGain's president. "Today's successful retail strategy begins and ends with customer service."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022