US: Timberland meets two CSR goals ahead of schedule
Timberland set out its sustainability goals in 2007
Timberland set out its sustainability goals in 2007, all related to factories, climate, product and service, to be reached by 2015.
Of these, two included reducing greenhouse gas emissions by 50%, and sourcing 23% of energy from clean, renewable sources.
Due to persistent efforts, Timberland says it has met its first critical goal and exceeded the second, nearly two years ahead of schedule.
By the end of 2013, the company achieved a 50% reduction in emissions, and now sources 26% of its energy from renewable sources.
"We're excited to have hit these important climate targets so far ahead of schedule, but that doesn't mean the work is done," said Patrik Frisk, coalition president, Outdoor Americas for VF Corporation and president of Timberland.
"As part of Timberland's ongoing mission to create sustainable impacts across our business, our environment and the communities we call home, we're always focused on continuous improvement. This includes everything from lightening our environmental footprint to embracing volunteerism around the globe. Now we turn our eyes toward setting new goals for 2020, to take our sustainability efforts to the next level."
Synopsis Canadean's "Timberland LLC: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, ke...
V.F. Corporation (VFC) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by Glob...
VF Corp’s unique brand portfolio sees it moving from strength to strength on the global apparel stage. Its decision to focus on its outdoor and action sports division is an astute move given the lucra...
VF Corporation today (11 September) named Dan Cherian as vice president, global innovation, performance apparel and footwear - a newly created role to lead the company's innovation centres....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports Apparel, and Fitness Clothing. The report provides separate comprehe...
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Ultrasonic execs disappear along with company cash
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details