US: Timberland meets two CSR goals ahead of schedule
Timberland set out its sustainability goals in 2007
Timberland set out its sustainability goals in 2007, all related to factories, climate, product and service, to be reached by 2015.
Of these, two included reducing greenhouse gas emissions by 50%, and sourcing 23% of energy from clean, renewable sources.
Due to persistent efforts, Timberland says it has met its first critical goal and exceeded the second, nearly two years ahead of schedule.
By the end of 2013, the company achieved a 50% reduction in emissions, and now sources 26% of its energy from renewable sources.
"We're excited to have hit these important climate targets so far ahead of schedule, but that doesn't mean the work is done," said Patrik Frisk, coalition president, Outdoor Americas for VF Corporation and president of Timberland.
"As part of Timberland's ongoing mission to create sustainable impacts across our business, our environment and the communities we call home, we're always focused on continuous improvement. This includes everything from lightening our environmental footprint to embracing volunteerism around the globe. Now we turn our eyes toward setting new goals for 2020, to take our sustainability efforts to the next level."
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories:...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corpora...
Running is considered to be the best exercise form as it helps in maintaining a healthy body weight. Running got popular in the late 1960s in North America and hit in Europe in the 1980s. In the recen...
For our annual briefing on apparel industry issues to watch in the year ahead, just-style has again asked leading executives for their feedback on the challenges and opportunities likely to emerge in ...
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Global supply chain trends at Sourcing at MAGIC
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Labelling – The importance of the fine print
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- Nike and Apollo create supply chain partnership
- US Q2 in brief - The Buckle, Stein Mart
- Li & Fung joins FTA in sustainable sourcing pledge
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- THE GAP, INC.: Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis