US: Timberland meets two CSR goals ahead of schedule
Timberland set out its sustainability goals in 2007
Timberland set out its sustainability goals in 2007, all related to factories, climate, product and service, to be reached by 2015.
Of these, two included reducing greenhouse gas emissions by 50%, and sourcing 23% of energy from clean, renewable sources.
Due to persistent efforts, Timberland says it has met its first critical goal and exceeded the second, nearly two years ahead of schedule.
By the end of 2013, the company achieved a 50% reduction in emissions, and now sources 26% of its energy from renewable sources.
"We're excited to have hit these important climate targets so far ahead of schedule, but that doesn't mean the work is done," said Patrik Frisk, coalition president, Outdoor Americas for VF Corporation and president of Timberland.
"As part of Timberland's ongoing mission to create sustainable impacts across our business, our environment and the communities we call home, we're always focused on continuous improvement. This includes everything from lightening our environmental footprint to embracing volunteerism around the globe. Now we turn our eyes toward setting new goals for 2020, to take our sustainability efforts to the next level."
V.F. Corporation (VFC) is a provider of branded lifestyle apparel, footwear and related products. The company offers broad range of products categorized under jeanswear, outdoor & action sports, image...
VF Corp’s unique brand portfolio sees it moving from strength to strength on the global apparel stage. Its decision to focus on its outdoor and action sports division is an astute move given the lucra...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories:...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corpora...
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- LF Corp to streamline planning and sourcing
- VF Corp ups guidance on "strong" Q2
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects