US: Timberland meets two CSR goals ahead of schedule
Timberland set out its sustainability goals in 2007
Timberland set out its sustainability goals in 2007, all related to factories, climate, product and service, to be reached by 2015.
Of these, two included reducing greenhouse gas emissions by 50%, and sourcing 23% of energy from clean, renewable sources.
Due to persistent efforts, Timberland says it has met its first critical goal and exceeded the second, nearly two years ahead of schedule.
By the end of 2013, the company achieved a 50% reduction in emissions, and now sources 26% of its energy from renewable sources.
"We're excited to have hit these important climate targets so far ahead of schedule, but that doesn't mean the work is done," said Patrik Frisk, coalition president, Outdoor Americas for VF Corporation and president of Timberland.
"As part of Timberland's ongoing mission to create sustainable impacts across our business, our environment and the communities we call home, we're always focused on continuous improvement. This includes everything from lightening our environmental footprint to embracing volunteerism around the globe. Now we turn our eyes toward setting new goals for 2020, to take our sustainability efforts to the next level."
When it comes to other issues the apparel industry should be keeping a close eye on in the year ahead, compliance and factory safety, macroeconomic headwinds, trade legislation, and consumer confidenc...
Synopsis Canadean's "Timberland LLC: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, ke...
How is the sourcing landscape likely to shift in 2015, and what strategies can help apparel firms and their suppliers to stay ahead? China is seen moving higher up the value chain, and near-shoring is...
V.F. Corporation (VFC) is a provider of branded lifestyle apparel, footwear and related products. The company offers broad range of products categorized under jeanswear, outdoor & action sports, image...
One of the biggest challenges - and opportunities - facing the apparel industry in 2015 is how best to embrace the omni-channel retail model, improve the shopping experience, and respond with new supp...
VF Corp’s unique brand portfolio sees it moving from strength to strength on the global apparel stage. Its decision to focus on its outdoor and action sports division is an astute move given the lucra...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports Apparel, and Fitness Clothing. The report provides separate comprehe...
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Outlook 2015: What keeps you awake at night?
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- Fashion brands facing strong dollar “headwind”
- Adidas sells Rockport for $280m to focus on sports
- Adidas and Timberland commit to responsible down
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead