USA: Timberland Names Harrison International Chief
Leading outdoor footwear and apparel group The Timberland Co on Thursday announced the appointment of Michael Harrison as senior vice president and general manager of its international operations.
The New Hampshire-based company said Harrison, most recently a consultant at a business consultancy specialising in sustainable strategic and organisational development, will lead its European, Asian, Canadian and Latin American businesses.
He will report directly to COO Kenneth Pucker and take up his new role on November 3.
"We are pleased to welcome such a seasoned professional to Timberland," said Pucker. "Mike is well-versed in the theory and practice of global brand building, and will be a great asset to Timberland as we look to continue to expand our international presence."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US Q4 in brief – Chico's FAS, TJX Companies
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar