INDIA: Tirupur plants strike against pollution fine
Almost 700 dyeing/bleaching units in Tirupur are on strike after the Madras High Court announced a fine on pollution caused by the release of waste into the Noyyal river.
The court said the fine would last until July on plants that have failed to set up reverse osmosis plants, which stop the discharge of waste.
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack