UK: Tissavel Awards Students For Innovation And Creativity
For the third year running, faux fur manufacturer Tissavel is awarding BA final year students at Central St Martins with cash prizes at the end of their academic year. The Tissavel award has proved to be a major boost for young designers to promote their talent and gain their first career projects, and the judges will be looking for the directional, innovative qualities in the students' garment and accessory designs that they feel mirrors the company's own reputation.Formed in 1953, Tissavel's fabrics have been used by designers such as Vivienne Westwood, Christian Dior, Armani, Versace, Calvin Klein, Thierry Mugler, Katharine Hamnett, Ralph Lauren and Kenzo, as well as customers from more than 50 countries worldwide. Textures, weights, qualities and designs range from lightweight, realistic animal prints such as 'ponyskin' and 'sealskin' to fake mink with a warm red, blue or yellow underlying hue, green leopardskin prints and babysoft pastel shades.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Sourcing at MAGIC tackles trade, Africa and speed
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar