US: TJX appoints Goldenberg as CFO
TJX has said that Scott Goldenberg will become chief financial officer, replacing Jeffrey Naylor who resumed the position in 2009.
Naylor will continue as senior executive vice president, chief administrative officer and continue to have responsibility for other corporate functions including IT, legal, risk management and investor relations.
Goldenberg will oversee corporate finance for TJX, and will retain his executive vice president title.
"I am delighted with Scott's promotion to TJX's CFO position. Scott, who has spent the vast portion of his career at TJX, is both an outstanding financial and all-around executive with a very deep understanding of our business and organization. He has touched many parts of this Company, having spent a good deal of time at The Marmaxx Group and, for the past few years, has worked closely with Jeff Naylor, overseeing most of the corporate finance functions," said CEO Carol Meyrowitz.
Scott is well regarded within TJX as a leader and places great emphasis on professional development within the organization. Jeff is a tremendous executive and with Scott in his new role, I'm confident that TJX will benefit from their combined leadership abilities, expertise and experience."
A number of US retailers have reported worse than expected June sales after experiencing rocky demand across the month....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' June 2012 sales results. ...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' May 2012 sales results. ...
After the warmer weather and early Easter helped US apparel retailers to higher same-store sales in March, it was perhaps not surprising there would be a slowdown in April....
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Alliance brands "staying the course" in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Amazon Prime Day a big win for apparel
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Bangladesh denied US GSP re-entry on worker rights
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis