US: TJX appoints Goldenberg as CFO
TJX has said that Scott Goldenberg will become chief financial officer, replacing Jeffrey Naylor who resumed the position in 2009.
Naylor will continue as senior executive vice president, chief administrative officer and continue to have responsibility for other corporate functions including IT, legal, risk management and investor relations.
Goldenberg will oversee corporate finance for TJX, and will retain his executive vice president title.
"I am delighted with Scott's promotion to TJX's CFO position. Scott, who has spent the vast portion of his career at TJX, is both an outstanding financial and all-around executive with a very deep understanding of our business and organization. He has touched many parts of this Company, having spent a good deal of time at The Marmaxx Group and, for the past few years, has worked closely with Jeff Naylor, overseeing most of the corporate finance functions," said CEO Carol Meyrowitz.
Scott is well regarded within TJX as a leader and places great emphasis on professional development within the organization. Jeff is a tremendous executive and with Scott in his new role, I'm confident that TJX will benefit from their combined leadership abilities, expertise and experience."
A number of US retailers have reported worse than expected June sales after experiencing rocky demand across the month....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' June 2012 sales results. ...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' May 2012 sales results. ...
After the warmer weather and early Easter helped US apparel retailers to higher same-store sales in March, it was perhaps not surprising there would be a slowdown in April....
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Ultrasonic execs disappear along with company cash
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details