US: TJX appoints Goldenberg as CFO
TJX has said that Scott Goldenberg will become chief financial officer, replacing Jeffrey Naylor who resumed the position in 2009.
Naylor will continue as senior executive vice president, chief administrative officer and continue to have responsibility for other corporate functions including IT, legal, risk management and investor relations.
Goldenberg will oversee corporate finance for TJX, and will retain his executive vice president title.
"I am delighted with Scott's promotion to TJX's CFO position. Scott, who has spent the vast portion of his career at TJX, is both an outstanding financial and all-around executive with a very deep understanding of our business and organization. He has touched many parts of this Company, having spent a good deal of time at The Marmaxx Group and, for the past few years, has worked closely with Jeff Naylor, overseeing most of the corporate finance functions," said CEO Carol Meyrowitz.
Scott is well regarded within TJX as a leader and places great emphasis on professional development within the organization. Jeff is a tremendous executive and with Scott in his new role, I'm confident that TJX will benefit from their combined leadership abilities, expertise and experience."
A number of US retailers have reported worse than expected June sales after experiencing rocky demand across the month....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' June 2012 sales results. ...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' May 2012 sales results. ...
After the warmer weather and early Easter helped US apparel retailers to higher same-store sales in March, it was perhaps not surprising there would be a slowdown in April....
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Pakistan textile mills fear rash of closures
- Factory funding gap has mixed impact in Myanmar
- VF Corp ups guidance on "strong" Q2
- Under Armour secures Germany and Austria deals
- Bangladesh workers rally for unpaid wages
- Under Armour lifts outlook after Q2 revenue hike
- Intertek takes garment inspections to Myanmar
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020