US: TJX appoints Goldenberg as CFO
TJX has said that Scott Goldenberg will become chief financial officer, replacing Jeffrey Naylor who resumed the position in 2009.
Naylor will continue as senior executive vice president, chief administrative officer and continue to have responsibility for other corporate functions including IT, legal, risk management and investor relations.
Goldenberg will oversee corporate finance for TJX, and will retain his executive vice president title.
"I am delighted with Scott's promotion to TJX's CFO position. Scott, who has spent the vast portion of his career at TJX, is both an outstanding financial and all-around executive with a very deep understanding of our business and organization. He has touched many parts of this Company, having spent a good deal of time at The Marmaxx Group and, for the past few years, has worked closely with Jeff Naylor, overseeing most of the corporate finance functions," said CEO Carol Meyrowitz.
Scott is well regarded within TJX as a leader and places great emphasis on professional development within the organization. Jeff is a tremendous executive and with Scott in his new role, I'm confident that TJX will benefit from their combined leadership abilities, expertise and experience."
A number of US retailers have reported worse than expected June sales after experiencing rocky demand across the month....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' June 2012 sales results. ...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' May 2012 sales results. ...
After the warmer weather and early Easter helped US apparel retailers to higher same-store sales in March, it was perhaps not surprising there would be a slowdown in April....
- Overcapacity in China could reshape fibre markets
- What does supply chain mapping really mean?
- PVH ramps up corporate responsibility commitments
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- US Q2 in brief - Chico's, Caleres, G-III Apparel
- Nike and Crystal Group "doing well by doing good"
- Nike and Under Armour top social currency chart
- Cambodia’s focus on garment production also a risk
- C&A helps grow organic cotton production in China
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Trade and trade policy: the EU clothing import market and its ten largest supplying countries, 2016