TJX board elects Herrman as chief executive
Off-price retailer TJX Companies has appointed Ernie Herrman as its chief executive as part of a CEO succession plan announced last October.
Herrman takes up the role with immediate effect and will continue as president of the company and member of the board of directors. Previous CEO, Carol Meyrowitz, will transition to the role of executive chairman of the board.
She said of the appointment: "The board and I have the greatest confidence in our choice of Ernie Herrman to lead TJX into the future as CEO. He is a tremendous leader with a proven, successful track record, strategic vision, discipline and focus. Ernie has been instrumental to our company's success and served as president since 2011, with all of the operating divisions reporting to him since that time. I look forward to continuing our 20-plus years of working together to support and maximise the growth potential of TJX."
In its third-quarter TJX booked both sales and earnings growth, bucking the quarterly slowdown that affected many other apparel retailers.
In the most recent second-quarter filings from US apparel and footwear brands and retailers, Tailored Brands showed improvement on Q1 but saw earnings slide, while DSW booked mixed results. Abercrombi...
The TJX Companies, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information....
The TJX Companies, Inc. (TJX) is an off-price apparel and home fashions retailer, offering apparel including footwear and accessories, home basics, accent furniture, lamps, rugs, wall decor, decorativ...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight into developments relating to the global apparel industry....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020