US: TJX Companies lifts FY forecast after strong Q3
- Q3 profit rose 13.5% to $461.5m or $0.62 per share
- Net sales increased 10.7% to $6.4bn
- Comparable store sales rose 7%
Off-price retailer TJX Companies today (13 November) raised its full-year earnings guidance amid what it sees as "terrific opportunities for the holiday selling season and fourth quarter."
The retailer, which operates its namesake as well as the Marshalls and TJ Maxx chains, sees full-year earnings per share in the range of $2.45 to $2.48 - a rise of 23% to 25% over the prior year's $1.93 - with same-store sales growth of 5% to 6%.
Earnings in the fourth quarter are expected to be in the range of $0.72 to $0.75 per share - an increase of 16% to 21% year-on-year - with comparable store sales growth of flat to up 2%.
"We are extremely pleased that our strong momentum continued in the third quarter, demonstrating once again the power of TJX to post strong sales and profit margin gains on top of strong year-over-year comparisons," said CEO Carol Meyrowitz.
"Customer traffic was up at all divisions in the US, Canada and Europe...which we believe is a great indicator of the staying power of our value proposition on exciting fashions and brands."
Global Apparel Retail industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contains descri...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' February 2013 sales results. It is worth noting that from this month, a number of retailers are no longer reporting their sales res...
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- US apparel retailers' August 2014 sales roundup
- Hanesbrands axes Costa Rican jobs in Vietnam move
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Apparel fuels global manufacturing downturn
- VF taps Nike exec to lead innovation centres
- Bagir to invest in Ethiopia as H1 loss deepens
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details