USA: TJX Cos Posts Flat Q4 Profit, Sales Up 9%
Leading discount apparel chain TJX Cos Inc on Wednesday posted flat fourth quarter income of $154.3 million on flat same-store sales in a weak retail environment. The Massachusetts-based operator of around 1,700 stores in the US, Canada and Europe, said sales for the quarter climbed 9.4 per cent year-on-year to $3.51 billion.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"