USA: TJX May Sales Soar To $884m
Value-price clothing retailer TJX Cos Inc on Thursday posted a welcome three per cent rise in same-store sales for last month and said total sales climbed 12 per cent to $884 million from $789m in the year-ago period. The Massachusetts-based operator of the TJ Maxx and Marshalls chains, said for the 17 weeks ended June 1, sales rose 16 per cent to $3.6 billion from $3.1bn in the year prior, while consolidated comparable store sales increased 6 per cent.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth