US: TJX recalls 23,600 girls' dresses
US retail group The TJX Companies has recalled 23,600 of its Emma's Garden Polka-Dot girls' dresses in the US and Canada due to a choking hazard.
The decorative buttons on the front of the dress can detach, a statement said, posing a choking hazard. No injuries have yet been reported.
The US Consumer Product Safety Commission and Health Canada, in cooperation with TJX, announced the voluntary recall yesterday (15 June).
It said consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed, and return for a refund.
The recall includes the Emma's Garden polka-dot dresses in sizes 12 months to 5T sold in black and white and pink and white. Dresses sold in the United States have neck tags bearing tracking number TJX-80327TDS1.
The company sold 21,000 of the dresses in the US and 2,600 in Canada.
TJ Maxx sold the pink and white design and Marshalls sold the black and white design in the US from February 2011 to May 2011 for about $13. Winners stores sold both designs in Canada, from March 2011 to April 2011 for about $17.
The dresses were manufactured in China.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' November 2011 sales results....
Growth in US same-store sales appeared to cool in October as weather and economic malaise weighed on retailers, putting extra pressure on businesses as they transition into the crucial holiday season....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' October 2011 sales results....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' September 2011 sales results. ...
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- M&S clothing growth – What the analysts say
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar