USA: TJX Reports 8 Per Cent Rise In Sales For July
The TJX Companies, Inc (NYSE:TJX) today reported that sales for the four week period ended July 29, 2000 were $633m, up 8 per cent over $586m achieved during the four week period ended July 31, 1999. For the 26 weeks ended July 29, 2000, sales reached $4,366m, an increase of 8 per cent over last year's $4,033m. Consolidated comparable store sales for the four week period ended July 29, 2000 were up 1 per cent over last year. For the 26 week year-to-date period, consolidated comparable store sales increased 2 per cent over last year. Edmond English, President and CEO of The TJX Companies, Inc said: "Although July sales came in slightly below our objectives, we are pleased that our margins in the second quarter remain in excellent shape. Further, our inventories remain very liquid, positioning us well for the important back-to-school selling season."The TJX Companies, Inc is a leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the US and worldwide. The company operates 639 T.J. Maxx, 519 Marshalls, 60 HomeGoods and 19 A.J. Wright stores in the United States. In Canada, the company operates 106 Winners, and in Europe, 64 T.K. Maxx stores. Corporate information about TJX is available on the Internet at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- US Q4 in brief – Macy's, Walmart, VF Corp
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar