USA: TJX Reports 8 Per Cent Rise In Sales For July
For the 26 weeks ended July 29, 2000, sales reached $4,366m, an increase of 8 per cent over last year's $4,033m. Consolidated comparable store sales for the four week period ended July 29, 2000 were up 1 per cent over last year. For the 26 week year-to-date period, consolidated comparable store sales increased 2 per cent over last year.
Edmond English, President and CEO of The TJX Companies, Inc said: "Although July sales came in slightly below our objectives, we are pleased that our margins in the second quarter remain in excellent shape. Further, our inventories remain very liquid, positioning us well for the important back-to-school selling season."
The TJX Companies, Inc is a leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the US and worldwide. The company operates 639 T.J. Maxx, 519 Marshalls, 60 HomeGoods and 19 A.J. Wright stores in the United States. In Canada, the company operates 106 Winners, and in Europe, 64 T.K. Maxx stores. Corporate information about TJX is available on the Internet at www.tjx.com.
Companies: TJX Companies Inc
Clothing specialists and grocers have already made a major assault on the UK footwear market. New research suggests there is likely to be further encroachment in 2005 from non-specialists attracted by...
The prerequisite of survival in today's manufacturing environment is to have up-to-date, reliable information and communication systems integrated throughout the business - and to be able to use and i...
Children's wear has emerged as the major battleground of the UK clothing market. Fewer consumers, a slowdown in spending growth, downward price pressure from grocers and range extension from adult clo...
After a couple of months' intensive lobbying and mind-changing in Beijing, Washington and Brussels, we're pretty close to seeing what the regulatory background is going to be for global apparel tradin...
However important and serious the problems coming from quota abolition might be, there's no evidence they're urgent, says Mike Flanagan. Governments do most damage when they act in haste: the most imp...
Sports shoe company K-Swiss has reported a slight rise in third-quarter income, encouraged by better international revenue and share buybacks....
British textile and clothing companies who want to apply for next year's Queen's Award for Enterprise - one of the UK's most prestigious business accolades - need to submit their applications by midni...
Value apparel and home products retailer TJX Cos Inc has reported an increase in second-quarter net income on disciplined inventory management and opportunistic buying, despite lower-than-predicted sa...
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack