USA: TJX Reports 8 Per Cent Rise In Sales For July
The TJX Companies, Inc (NYSE:TJX) today reported that sales for the four week period ended July 29, 2000 were $633m, up 8 per cent over $586m achieved during the four week period ended July 31, 1999. For the 26 weeks ended July 29, 2000, sales reached $4,366m, an increase of 8 per cent over last year's $4,033m. Consolidated comparable store sales for the four week period ended July 29, 2000 were up 1 per cent over last year. For the 26 week year-to-date period, consolidated comparable store sales increased 2 per cent over last year. Edmond English, President and CEO of The TJX Companies, Inc said: "Although July sales came in slightly below our objectives, we are pleased that our margins in the second quarter remain in excellent shape. Further, our inventories remain very liquid, positioning us well for the important back-to-school selling season."The TJX Companies, Inc is a leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the US and worldwide. The company operates 639 T.J. Maxx, 519 Marshalls, 60 HomeGoods and 19 A.J. Wright stores in the United States. In Canada, the company operates 106 Winners, and in Europe, 64 T.K. Maxx stores. Corporate information about TJX is available on the Internet at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020