UK: 'TK Maxx' To Create 1200 Jobs In Walsall
According to the newspaper, the development of the former Sterling Tubes site would provide full-time employment for about 850 people, plus possible seasonal and part-time work for about 350 people.
The Green Lane location has been earmarked as the 'preferred site' for the project, with the borough council's development control committee to discuss the plans at a meeting on Wednesday.
Walsall Regeneration Company chairman Ben Reid said he was surprised at the sheer scale of the proposed development.
"It is a major development which will have many positives as well as the sheer number of jobs being created," he said.
It is believed that the facility will be used for sorting, repackaging and distribution of clothing to TK Maxx stores across the United Kingdom.
Companies: TJX Companies Inc
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The value clothing market faces one of its most challenging years in 2005. A downturn in consumer spending, plus rising costs, is making trading much more difficult. Added to which is the fact that th...
High street retailer Marks & Spencer has been named the 'Consumers' Favourite Retailer' for the second consecutive year, beating non-clothing retailers such as HMV, Woolworths and B&Q....
Off-price group TJX said it has axed about 250 workers in Massachusetts, Canada and the UK as part of a profit-boosting ploy. The company is also cutting 12 senior executive salaries....
Off-price retailer TJX has reported sales and income growth for the full financial year 2006, boosted by "improved execution and a renewed focus on off-price discipline"....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report