NETHERLANDS: TNT Express to sell fashion logistics business
Delivery firm TNT Express N.V. has agreed to sell the Dutch operations of its fashion logistics business TNT Fashion Group B.V. to a consortium formed by Belspeed and Netlog Group.
TNT Fashion Group offers supply chain services for the fashion industry, including warehousing, packing/repacking, distribution, retailing and e-fulfilment services, employing 660 people. There will be no change in workforce as a result of the deal.
The move, which is part of the group's strategy to focus on its core activities, will see the UK operations of TNT Fashion integrated with TNT Express UK and Ireland.
The transaction, which is subject to consultation of the works council of TNT Fashion Group and regulatory approval, is expected to close at the end of the second quarter.
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015