NETHERLANDS: TNT Express to sell fashion logistics business
Delivery firm TNT Express N.V. has agreed to sell the Dutch operations of its fashion logistics business TNT Fashion Group B.V. to a consortium formed by Belspeed and Netlog Group.
TNT Fashion Group offers supply chain services for the fashion industry, including warehousing, packing/repacking, distribution, retailing and e-fulfilment services, employing 660 people. There will be no change in workforce as a result of the deal.
The move, which is part of the group's strategy to focus on its core activities, will see the UK operations of TNT Fashion integrated with TNT Express UK and Ireland.
The transaction, which is subject to consultation of the works council of TNT Fashion Group and regulatory approval, is expected to close at the end of the second quarter.
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- ILO backs Burma project to improve work practices
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies