NETHERLANDS: TNT Express to sell fashion logistics business
Delivery firm TNT Express N.V. has agreed to sell the Dutch operations of its fashion logistics business TNT Fashion Group B.V. to a consortium formed by Belspeed and Netlog Group.
TNT Fashion Group offers supply chain services for the fashion industry, including warehousing, packing/repacking, distribution, retailing and e-fulfilment services, employing 660 people. There will be no change in workforce as a result of the deal.
The move, which is part of the group's strategy to focus on its core activities, will see the UK operations of TNT Fashion integrated with TNT Express UK and Ireland.
The transaction, which is subject to consultation of the works council of TNT Fashion Group and regulatory approval, is expected to close at the end of the second quarter.
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- Gap deepens social and environmental efforts
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Syrian refugee children found in Turkish factories
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Key Bangladesh safety issues still not fixed
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024