EU: To discuss ways of boosting the fashion industry
European Commission vice president Antonio Tajani is set to meet with European fashion companies to discuss measures to reinforce the growth and competitiveness of the European fashion industry.
The commission said that fashion and high-end industries account for 10% of European exports, as well as 3% of the EU's GDP.
Tajani will seek fashion and luxury CEOs' views on a series of actions particularly around education and skills, protection of intellectual property, opportunities for international trade, and regulatory framework to sustain growth.
He will also discuss how to better combat counterfeiting, which "has become a real danger to the industry's growth and employment".
The CEOs and directors of companies including Chanel, Falke, Harrods, IC Companys-Peak Performance, Imax-Max Mara, LVMH, Moser, Emilio Pucci, Ricosta, Zegna and Bernardaud are set to attend the meeting.
More than 220 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
Danish fashion firm IC Companys has appointed Mads Ryder as its new CEO, replacing Niels Mikkelsen who is leaving the group after five years in the post....
Luxury brand Christian Dior has seen revenues reach EUR29.9bn (US$39.68bn) for the year to 30 April, with its high-end Couture division posting a 19% increase in sales year-on-year....
Italian luxury brand Loro Piana is to sell a majority stake in the business to Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton LVMH....
Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton LVMH has been fined EUR8m by France's stock market regulator for failing to disclose its stake building in luxury rival Hermes before 2010. ...
Luxury goods powerhouse LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton has appointed Delphine Arnault as executive vice president of its Louis Vuitton brand....
French luxury goods firm Hermès has filed fresh legal action against rival LVMH....
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015