EU: To discuss ways of boosting the fashion industry
European Commission vice president Antonio Tajani is set to meet with European fashion companies to discuss measures to reinforce the growth and competitiveness of the European fashion industry.
The commission said that fashion and high-end industries account for 10% of European exports, as well as 3% of the EU's GDP.
Tajani will seek fashion and luxury CEOs' views on a series of actions particularly around education and skills, protection of intellectual property, opportunities for international trade, and regulatory framework to sustain growth.
He will also discuss how to better combat counterfeiting, which "has become a real danger to the industry's growth and employment".
The CEOs and directors of companies including Chanel, Falke, Harrods, IC Companys-Peak Performance, Imax-Max Mara, LVMH, Moser, Emilio Pucci, Ricosta, Zegna and Bernardaud are set to attend the meeting.
More than 180 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
IC Companys A/S is currently implementing a transformation of the company in order to increase its profitability. This includes a new brand strategy, where brands in the mid-market and fast fashion se...
Danish fashion firm IC Companys has appointed Mads Ryder as its new CEO, replacing Niels Mikkelsen who is leaving the group after five years in the post....
Apparel Retail in Denmark industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contains de...
Luxury brand Christian Dior has seen revenues reach EUR29.9bn (US$39.68bn) for the year to 30 April, with its high-end Couture division posting a 19% increase in sales year-on-year....
After a relatively warm January, temperatures sank significantly during the first two weeks of February 2012. Likewise, autumn 2012 was colder than the average measured during the period 2001-2010, a ...
During the review period Danish men have become increasingly fashion orientated, more daring, searching for possibilities to dress up in ways which were earlier incompatible with the dominating norms ...
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Asos FY profit drop: What the analysts say
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam