BANGLADESH: To host first building and safety expo
Efforts to improve fire and building safety at ready-made garment factories in Bangladesh are set to see the country host its first ever International Trade Expo for Building and Fire Safety later this month.
Taking place at the Pan Pacific Sonargaon Hotel in Dhaka on 23-24 February, the event will enable factory owners and management to view - and purchase - a wide range of cutting-edge fire fighting, electrical and structural safety equipment.
There will also be discussions on electrical wiring, fire protection and suppression, common building safety problems and solutions, fire safety training, and worker engagement. Three factories will also share their experiences and the improvements they have made.
The expo is being by the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BGMEA), the Accord and the C&A Foundation in response to industry requests for more information on, and access to, equipment and services from experts on building, electrical and fire safety.
Speaking to just-style, Jeff Krilla, president and CEO of the Alliance for Bangladesh Worker Safety, and a member of the event's organising committee, said: "A lot [of factory owners and management] are aware of fire-fighting and structural safety equipment, but this is a chance to meet vendors and see what cutting-edge technology is available to them to be able to create a safety culture."
Click here for more details of the event.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Future forecasts and historic market data can improve market and strategic planning- Understand which channels and products will be the major winners and losers in the coming years. Know the share of...
Levi Strauss & Co has settled an investigation through the US International Trade Commission (ITC) over patent infringement regarding certain laser abraded denim garments....
New York & Company, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service...
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Smart sportswear faces mass production challenges
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- Rana Plaza fund call grows as anniversary nears
- “Unsafe” Bangladesh factory refuses to evacuate
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- Cambodia labour abuse claims disputed
- Garment factory tool to improve communication
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019