BANGLADESH: To host first building and safety expo
Efforts to improve fire and building safety at ready-made garment factories in Bangladesh are set to see the country host its first ever International Trade Expo for Building and Fire Safety later this month.
Taking place at the Pan Pacific Sonargaon Hotel in Dhaka on 23-24 February, the event will enable factory owners and management to view - and purchase - a wide range of cutting-edge fire fighting, electrical and structural safety equipment.
There will also be discussions on electrical wiring, fire protection and suppression, common building safety problems and solutions, fire safety training, and worker engagement. Three factories will also share their experiences and the improvements they have made.
The expo is being by the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BGMEA), the Accord and the C&A Foundation in response to industry requests for more information on, and access to, equipment and services from experts on building, electrical and fire safety.
Speaking to just-style, Jeff Krilla, president and CEO of the Alliance for Bangladesh Worker Safety, and a member of the event's organising committee, said: "A lot [of factory owners and management] are aware of fire-fighting and structural safety equipment, but this is a chance to meet vendors and see what cutting-edge technology is available to them to be able to create a safety culture."
Click here for more details of the event.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servic...
Cone Denim has agreed a new R&D collaboration with DSM Dyneema, which it says opens up tremendous opportunities for its expanding line of performance denims....
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Down supplier and processor Allied Feather & Down has unveiled a new consumer tracing resource called Track My Down....
Future forecasts and historic market data can improve market and strategic planning- Understand which channels and products will be the major winners and losers in the coming years. Know the share of...
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Outlook 2015: What keeps you awake at night?
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Adidas sells Rockport for $280m to focus on sports
- Adidas and Timberland commit to responsible down
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024