BANGLADESH: To host first building and safety expo
Efforts to improve fire and building safety at ready-made garment factories in Bangladesh are set to see the country host its first ever International Trade Expo for Building and Fire Safety later this month.
Taking place at the Pan Pacific Sonargaon Hotel in Dhaka on 23-24 February, the event will enable factory owners and management to view - and purchase - a wide range of cutting-edge fire fighting, electrical and structural safety equipment.
There will also be discussions on electrical wiring, fire protection and suppression, common building safety problems and solutions, fire safety training, and worker engagement. Three factories will also share their experiences and the improvements they have made.
The expo is being by the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BGMEA), the Accord and the C&A Foundation in response to industry requests for more information on, and access to, equipment and services from experts on building, electrical and fire safety.
Speaking to just-style, Jeff Krilla, president and CEO of the Alliance for Bangladesh Worker Safety, and a member of the event's organising committee, said: "A lot [of factory owners and management] are aware of fire-fighting and structural safety equipment, but this is a chance to meet vendors and see what cutting-edge technology is available to them to be able to create a safety culture."
Click here for more details of the event.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servic...
Levi Strauss & Co. - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, produc...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Tesco's H1 profit plunge: What the analysts say
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Collapsed Cambodia factory had structural issues
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre