JAPAN: Toa Wool Sets Up New Chinese Spinning JV
Japan's Toa Wool Spinning & Weaving Co has set up its fourth joint venture in the Chinese city of Wuxi with the new initiative boasting an annual production capacity of 700,000 metres of wool.
Toa Wool has a 28 per cent stake in the new JV which it has established to obtain supplies for its Japanese operations after its partner in an earlier JV increased its share of wool output from that plant.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022