JAPAN: Tokyo Style's Shares Surge After Shareholder's Demands
Shares in leading Japanese clothing maker Tokyo Style Co Ltd soared today after its top shareholder told it to ditch plans to invest 50 billion yen in real estate and pay the money as a dividend instead The apparel manufacturer's shares closed nearly 16 per cent up after Yoshiaki Murakami - a former bureaucrat who runs his own fund - called a news conference to demand action to boost shareholder value and raise dividends.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores