UK: Tom Hunter Buys Bigger Stake In Allders
Hunter's move comes just a couple of weeks after Allders agreed to a £132 million takeover offer from major shareholder Minerva and around a month after his £197m bid for rival group House of Fraser was rejected.
Hunter, who made £260m when he sold Sports Division to JJB Sports in 1998, is remaining tight-lipped on whether he will bid for Allders although some press reports speculate he may try to merge the two retailers if a fresh bid for House of Fraser is accepted.
Companies: House of Fraser
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Space planning isn't a new concept, but its applications, as well as benefits to apparel companies, are continuing to evolve says Stacy Baker....
Department store retailer House of Fraser has reported a 4.6% growth in yearly profits, and said it enjoyed better-than-predicted trading at the start of its new year...
Department store chain House of Fraser said early talks over a potential sale of the company have stopped....
Department store chain House of Fraser is in very preliminary takeover talks after being approached by private equity firm Apax Partners, a House of Fraser spokesperson confirmed to just-style....
Department store chain House of Fraser has enjoyed a 34.2% net sales rise for the 6-week period ended 7 January, driven by the acquisitions of Jenners and Beatties and new store openings....
Upmarket department store Liberty has announced the banning of fur items from its store following mounting pressure from animal rights campaigners....
Department store operator Debenhams is planning to grow its business into India, and is also considering expanding into the Chinese market....
Department store chain James Beattie has confirmed that it has received a second bid approach for its business, following its agreement to be bought by competitor House of Fraser for £69.4 million. ...
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Bangladesh workers call for union registration
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective