US: Tom Sands to head Gap North America
Tom Sands has taken on the role of executive vice president of Gap North America
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc has appointed Tom Sands as its new executive vice president of Gap North America - replacing Mark Breitbard who has been named CEO of US children's wear retailer The Gymboree Corp.
Sands, who most recently served as executive vice president of Old Navy US, will take up the position immediately. He will report to Gap's global brand president Steve Sunnucks.
Gap said Sands will work with the Gap North America team to help guide the transition to the new global brand structure, designed to fuel the company's long-term growth.
Prior to Old Navy, Sands spent 19 years with Target Corporation.
The Gap Inc offers casual, mid-tier clothing to Mexican consumers through department stores and recently in 2012 by opening its first flagship Gap store in the country....
Childrenswear in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contains desc...
Hong Kong based Crystal Group, one of Asia's largest garment manufacturers, is continuing to make progress towards more sustainable manufacturing after assessing the environmental performance of its s...
Childrenswear in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also co...
Children's apparel retailer The Gymboree Corporation has appointed Levi Strauss & Co executive Joelle Maher as the company's new chief operating officer....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Children's Wear in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Boys Wear, Girls Wear, and Infants & Toddlers Wear. The report provides separate compre...
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy