US: Tom Sands to head Gap North America
Tom Sands has taken on the role of executive vice president of Gap North America
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc has appointed Tom Sands as its new executive vice president of Gap North America - replacing Mark Breitbard who has been named CEO of US children's wear retailer The Gymboree Corp.
Sands, who most recently served as executive vice president of Old Navy US, will take up the position immediately. He will report to Gap's global brand president Steve Sunnucks.
Gap said Sands will work with the Gap North America team to help guide the transition to the new global brand structure, designed to fuel the company's long-term growth.
Prior to Old Navy, Sands spent 19 years with Target Corporation.
Hong Kong based Crystal Group, one of Asia's largest garment manufacturers, is continuing to make progress towards more sustainable manufacturing after assessing the environmental performance of its s...
Children's apparel retailer The Gymboree Corporation has appointed Levi Strauss & Co executive Joelle Maher as the company's new chief operating officer....
US retailer The Wet Seal has appointed Lesli Gilbert as EVP, stores and operations. ...
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc posted a 7% increase in May comparable store sales after customers responded positively to summer products across its brands....
Retail business The Gymboree Corporation slipped to a first quarter net loss after sales dipped 1.7% and comparable store sales fell 5%....
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc has seen its financial year get off to a "strong start" with profit jumping 43% thanks to sales gains at its namesake and Old Navy chains....
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- Mexico makers see rise in exports and local demand
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- LF Corp to streamline planning and sourcing
- Millennials "changing the game" for hosiery
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects