US: Tom Sands to head Gap North America
Tom Sands has taken on the role of executive vice president of Gap North America
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc has appointed Tom Sands as its new executive vice president of Gap North America - replacing Mark Breitbard who has been named CEO of US children's wear retailer The Gymboree Corp.
Sands, who most recently served as executive vice president of Old Navy US, will take up the position immediately. He will report to Gap's global brand president Steve Sunnucks.
Gap said Sands will work with the Gap North America team to help guide the transition to the new global brand structure, designed to fuel the company's long-term growth.
Prior to Old Navy, Sands spent 19 years with Target Corporation.
The Gap Inc offers casual, mid-tier clothing to Mexican consumers through department stores and recently in 2012 by opening its first flagship Gap store in the country....
Hong Kong based Crystal Group, one of Asia's largest garment manufacturers, is continuing to make progress towards more sustainable manufacturing after assessing the environmental performance of its s...
Children's apparel retailer The Gymboree Corporation has appointed Levi Strauss & Co executive Joelle Maher as the company's new chief operating officer....
US retailer The Wet Seal has appointed Lesli Gilbert as EVP, stores and operations. ...
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc posted a 7% increase in May comparable store sales after customers responded positively to summer products across its brands....
Retail business The Gymboree Corporation slipped to a first quarter net loss after sales dipped 1.7% and comparable store sales fell 5%....
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- New Gap CEO set to tackle “aesthetic issue”
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- Falling euro adds to Bangladesh production woes
- M&S Asia head quits as China stores to close
- Gap names new design head amid mixed Q4
- JC Penney share price falls on Q4 loss
- Pay rise mulled for Sri Lanka garment workers
- US labour concerns at Honduras apparel makers
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019