US: Tom Sands to head Gap North America
Tom Sands has taken on the role of executive vice president of Gap North America
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc has appointed Tom Sands as its new executive vice president of Gap North America - replacing Mark Breitbard who has been named CEO of US children's wear retailer The Gymboree Corp.
Sands, who most recently served as executive vice president of Old Navy US, will take up the position immediately. He will report to Gap's global brand president Steve Sunnucks.
Gap said Sands will work with the Gap North America team to help guide the transition to the new global brand structure, designed to fuel the company's long-term growth.
Prior to Old Navy, Sands spent 19 years with Target Corporation.
Hong Kong based Crystal Group, one of Asia's largest garment manufacturers, is continuing to make progress towards more sustainable manufacturing after assessing the environmental performance of its s...
Children's apparel retailer The Gymboree Corporation has appointed Levi Strauss & Co executive Joelle Maher as the company's new chief operating officer....
US retailer The Wet Seal has appointed Lesli Gilbert as EVP, stores and operations. ...
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc posted a 7% increase in May comparable store sales after customers responded positively to summer products across its brands....
Retail business The Gymboree Corporation slipped to a first quarter net loss after sales dipped 1.7% and comparable store sales fell 5%....
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc has seen its financial year get off to a "strong start" with profit jumping 43% thanks to sales gains at its namesake and Old Navy chains....
- DENIM DAYS: Jeans innovation bursting at the seams
- Rana Plaza two years on: Challenges and concerns
- Australian brands lack supply chain visibility
- How will TPP emerge from fast-track trade bill?
- Adidas pushing self-governance for suppliers
- Gap’s woes “not so easy to fix”
- Myanmar garment workers strike deal
- Under Armour hailed "next global athletic company"
- Authentic Brands acquires Jones New York
- Quiksilver shareholder calls for sale