US: Tommie Copper deploys end-to-end solution provider
Copper-infused apparel manufacturer Tommie Copper has adopted a new software system that it says will allow it to help keep pace with the rapid growth of the company.
CGS' BlueCherry ERP, PLM, EDI, and 3PL-EDI will provide Tommie Copper with enhanced supply chain operations, improved merchandise planning and visibility, and better efficiency throughout their entire operation, it said.
Additionally, Microsoft Dynamics will provide Tommie Copper with improved financial collaboration, reporting and analysis.
"When we began the search for a vendor it was important that we found one that could be all-inclusive in their offerings by providing not only software solutions and services, but cloud hosting as well," said Malcolm Robinson, CEO of Tommie Copper. "CGS's ability to be that end-to-end solution provider, combined with their immense industry experience and comprehensive solutions made them a perfect fit."
Apparel and textile companies seeking to make their supply chains more sustainable have increasing options to adopt 'greener' innovations - from developments in organic cotton to software monitoring t...
The last few years have seen tremendous changes in the technological landscape of product lifecycle management (PLM) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems. Yet the software has evolved rapidl...
Apparel and textile companies looking keep down costs in fibre and fabric sourcing and production, at the same time as ensuring supplies keep flowing, are turning to a number of different strategies....
Product lifecycle management (PLM) systems help apparel companies share information more efficiently and plan for future lines more accurately as time-to-market shrinks....
Innovation is all about change - sometimes planned, often unplanned. But there are lessons to be learned too, and as garment companies move to set up in-house innovation centres they would do well to ...
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Bangladesh: Raising the bar on apparel exports?
- Bangladesh: The business benefits of compliance
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- Bangladesh factory improvements “will take years”
- Bangladesh knitting worker killed by faulty lift
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie
- Tommy Hilfiger launches solar-powered jacket