US: Tommy Bahama selects PLM to optimise supply chain
Lifestyle clothing company Tommy Bahama has selected PTC FlexPLM Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software to help improve supply chain collaboration and reduce product development time as it grows its global business.
"Changes in the global market, consumer behaviours and mobility have had a major impact on the retail industry," said Doug Wood, president and COO of the Tommy Bahama Group. "At Tommy Bahama, we have recognised that successfully adapting to those trends requires an optimised supply chain."
PTC's Windchill-based enterprise PLM solution offers a web-based platform that provides line planning, specification management, merchandising, and other capabilities for managing the complete product lifecycle.
For Tommy Bahama, PTC has partnered with NetIdeas to deliver FlexPLM as a cloud hosted solution.
The brand offers men's and women's sportswear, denim, swimwear, accessories and home furnishings at retail and resort locations around the world, and operates 94 Tommy Bahama retail stores.
Faced with a significantly more challenging and competitive market, what else is likely to be topping brand and retail supply networks this year? Firms would be wise to watch ways of maximising invest...
Where should apparel firms be focusing their software investments now if they want to remain competitive into the future? According to industry experts consulted by just-style, technology agendas shou...
Faced with a raft of challenges across the apparel supply chain, how can software help tackle the key issues? Tools that connect all trading partners, streamline the end-to-end process, and give indus...
Featured research from just-style's research store this week includes a look at apparel specialist retailers in Greece, strategies for sustainability in the global apparel industry and a report on the...
US clothing brand Brooks Brothers has chosen Texbase to deliver materials, quality and compliance solutions. ...
Technology firm Lectra has promoted Bruno Mattia as director of strategic fashion accounts, to drive the company's relationships with key customers around the world....
French textiles major Devanlay, the exclusive worldwide licensee for the Lacoste clothing and accessories brand, has invested in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software to help improve its overall...
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Freeing up working capital in the supply chain
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Hungary offers a mix of strengths and weaknesses
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- Golden Lady creates a new man-made fibre
- China and ASEAN upgrade FTA
- 3D tool uses product data to shake up shopping
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015