US: Tommy Bahama selects PLM to optimise supply chain
Lifestyle clothing company Tommy Bahama has selected PTC FlexPLM Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software to help improve supply chain collaboration and reduce product development time as it grows its global business.
"Changes in the global market, consumer behaviours and mobility have had a major impact on the retail industry," said Doug Wood, president and COO of the Tommy Bahama Group. "At Tommy Bahama, we have recognised that successfully adapting to those trends requires an optimised supply chain."
PTC's Windchill-based enterprise PLM solution offers a web-based platform that provides line planning, specification management, merchandising, and other capabilities for managing the complete product lifecycle.
For Tommy Bahama, PTC has partnered with NetIdeas to deliver FlexPLM as a cloud hosted solution.
The brand offers men's and women's sportswear, denim, swimwear, accessories and home furnishings at retail and resort locations around the world, and operates 94 Tommy Bahama retail stores.
Faced with a significantly more challenging and competitive market, what else is likely to be topping brand and retail supply networks this year? Firms would be wise to watch ways of maximising invest...
Where should apparel firms be focusing their software investments now if they want to remain competitive into the future? According to industry experts consulted by just-style, technology agendas shou...
Faced with a raft of challenges across the apparel supply chain, how can software help tackle the key issues? Tools that connect all trading partners, streamline the end-to-end process, and give indus...
Featured research from just-style's research store this week includes a look at apparel specialist retailers in Greece, strategies for sustainability in the global apparel industry and a report on the...
US clothing brand Brooks Brothers has chosen Texbase to deliver materials, quality and compliance solutions. ...
Technology firm Lectra has promoted Bruno Mattia as director of strategic fashion accounts, to drive the company's relationships with key customers around the world....
French textiles major Devanlay, the exclusive worldwide licensee for the Lacoste clothing and accessories brand, has invested in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software to help improve its overall...
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap audits reveal compliance issues in Myanmar
- Water scarcity a challenge to cotton supply chains
- Abercrombie & Fitch to lose logos in fashion focus
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- Adidas to use only Bluesign-approved chemicals
- Accord and Alliance discord "a setback"
- 'Cotton of the Carolinas' grows reshoring efforts
- Myanmar and US to develop labour rights initiative
- Scientists hail first recycled cotton garment
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report