US: Tommy Bahama selects PLM to optimise supply chain
Lifestyle clothing company Tommy Bahama has selected PTC FlexPLM Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software to help improve supply chain collaboration and reduce product development time as it grows its global business.
"Changes in the global market, consumer behaviours and mobility have had a major impact on the retail industry," said Doug Wood, president and COO of the Tommy Bahama Group. "At Tommy Bahama, we have recognised that successfully adapting to those trends requires an optimised supply chain."
PTC's Windchill-based enterprise PLM solution offers a web-based platform that provides line planning, specification management, merchandising, and other capabilities for managing the complete product lifecycle.
For Tommy Bahama, PTC has partnered with NetIdeas to deliver FlexPLM as a cloud hosted solution.
The brand offers men's and women's sportswear, denim, swimwear, accessories and home furnishings at retail and resort locations around the world, and operates 94 Tommy Bahama retail stores.
Faced with a significantly more challenging and competitive market, what else is likely to be topping brand and retail supply networks this year? Firms would be wise to watch ways of maximising invest...
Where should apparel firms be focusing their software investments now if they want to remain competitive into the future? According to industry experts consulted by just-style, technology agendas shou...
Faced with a raft of challenges across the apparel supply chain, how can software help tackle the key issues? Tools that connect all trading partners, streamline the end-to-end process, and give indus...
Featured research from just-style's research store this week includes a look at apparel specialist retailers in Greece, strategies for sustainability in the global apparel industry and a report on the...
US clothing brand Brooks Brothers has chosen Texbase to deliver materials, quality and compliance solutions. ...
Technology firm Lectra has promoted Bruno Mattia as director of strategic fashion accounts, to drive the company's relationships with key customers around the world....
French textiles major Devanlay, the exclusive worldwide licensee for the Lacoste clothing and accessories brand, has invested in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software to help improve its overall...
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Ethiopia textile and apparel exports lagging
- Hanesbrands Q4 performance “disappoints”
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024