SOUTH KOREA: Tommy Hilfiger Agrees Apparel Deal
The company said in a press release its men's sportswear collection will be the first to debut in department store concessions and in freestanding stores in the fall, followed by the womenswear, jeans wear, and childrenswear collections.
Bongwoon Kim and Eunhee Lee, two prominent fashion industry executives recently recruited to SK Global, will oversee the brand's launch and rapid expansion throughout Korea. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
"We are very excited to launch Tommy Hilfiger in a market as important as Korea. This new marketing and distribution agreement is part of our commitment to further develop the global market strategy for the Tommy Hilfiger brand," said Lynn Shanahan, president of Licensing at Tommy Hilfiger.
SK Fashion executive director, Man Gyun Kim, added: "Korean consumers have clearly demonstrated their desire for quality sportswear such as Tommy Hilfiger. We are delighted to be working with Tommy Hilfiger in bringing this truly global brand to Korea."
Upmarket brand Tommy Hilfiger Corporation says its wholly owned subsidiary Tommy Hilfiger USA Inc has closed the sale of its building at 485 Fifth Avenue in New York City....
Intimate apparel manufacturer Sara Lee Branded Apparel has introduced an integrated mix of retail and supply chain software at its Lovable division in Italy to enhance the smooth running of its new re...
Value retail chain Matalan Plc has confirmed that it will sell its Lee Cooper brand to private equity firm Emerisque Capital for £30 million, and has reported a 31 per cent hike in full-year underlyin...
Manufacturing giant Sara Lee Corp's branded apparel unit plans to axe 350 jobs from the division that makes Champion sportswear and intimate apparel under the Bali, Playtex, L'eggs and Wonderbra brand...
Luxury goods house Prada is in discussions over a sale of its Helmut Lang label, according to The Times newspaper....
US retail group Sara Lee Corporation has named Frank van Oers as a vice president of the corporation, with immediate effect....
Large-scale manufacturer Sara Lee has posted a 50 per cent plummet in third-quarter profit, affected by sluggish clothing sales and high commodity costs....
Brand-name merchandise manufacturer and marketer Sara Lee Corp has whittled the number of potential buyers for its European apparel division down to two, according to sources familiar with the situati...
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- EU urged to adopt roadmap for Sri Lanka GSP+ bid
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack