HONG KONG: Tommy Hilfiger Becomes Chairman In Board Shuffle
In a statement Thursday, Tommy Hilfiger Corp said that Hilfiger would remain as principal designer.
The company also announced that chief executive Joel Horowitz plans to step down when his contract ends in March 2004, and that it is launching a search for "an experienced individual with the title of president" who will assume the role of chief executive officer next year. Recruitment firm Herbert Mines Associates has been hired to conduct the search.
Mr Chou and Mr Horowitz were among Tommy Hilfiger Corp's founding investors. Mr Hilfiger said: "Over the past 13 years, Tommy Hilfiger has grown into a successful, global brand, and we owe much to Silas' inspiration, leadership and wise counsel. He has helped create a solid foundation from which we can move forward into the future."
In July, Tommy Hilfiger Corp's co-chairman Lawrence Stroll resigned to pursue other interests.
Companies: Tommy Hilfiger Group
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Although Ukraine has the potential to be the top East European clothing supplier to Western Europe, the industry's growth is hampered by a lack of foreign investment. But this could be about to change...
Tommy Hilfiger Europe is planning to increase the productivity of its sales teams with an investment in sales force automation (SFA) software from Geac....
Luxury goods company Tommy Hilfiger's USA subsidiary is to sell off its building on West 39th Street in New York as part of its consolidation of operations....
Luxury goods company Tommy Hilfiger Corporation is axing about 135 US employees to cut costs within its US wholesale business....
Wal-Mart Stores is reportedly mulling a bid to acquire Tommy Hilfiger Corp....
Hong Kong-based fashion company Tommy Hilfiger Corp is preparing to auction itself off, according to sources cited by The Wall Street Journal....
Tommy Hilfiger Europe BV, a subsidiary of luxury goods group Tommy Hilfiger Corporation, has announced the opening of its new office, showroom and retail store complex at the Piazza Oberdan in Milan....
Luxury goods giant Tommy Hilfiger Corporation has reported decreases in preliminary pre-tax full-year income and revenue, and warned that 2006 revenue will fall below previous predictions as orders on...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022