BRAZIL: Tommy Hilfiger inks distribution joint venture
Premium lifestyle brand Tommy Hilfiger is joining forces with Brazil-based Inbrands to distribute its products in the country.
The joint venture between the two companies, Tommy Hilfiger do Brasil, will will begin its wholesale and retail operations in January next year. Inbrands, a publicly held company with no shares registered for trade, will handle the day-to-day operations of the joint venture.
Terms of the joint venture were not disclosed.
American Sportswear (ASSA), the current distributor for the Tommy Hilfiger brand in Brazil, will also have a minority stake in the partnership. It will continue to operate the Tommy Hilfiger businesses in all other countries in South America, Central America and the Caribbean.
"This move allows us to directly support the development and expansion of our retail and wholesale business in Brazil," said Tommy Hilfiger Group CEO Fred Gehring.
"Similar to our expansion strategy in other markets, this partnership will allow for accelerated growth in one of the world's most exciting, high growth emerging markets."
Labour rights groups and unions have stepped up their calls for urgent action to improve worker health and safety in Bangladesh's ready-made garment industry, as the death toll from the collapsed Rana...
Apparel sourcing has finally reached a critical turning point. Instead of continuing to chase the lowest costs around the globe, the industry focus is now shifting to collaboration between retailers a...
PVH has entered a distribution partnership with department store operator Hudson's Bay to sell its Tommy Hilfiger women's wear line in its stores. ...
Apparel group PVH Corporation has raised its first-quarter forecasts on the back of higher-than-expected wholesale shipments and certain tax benefits....
Outdoor apparel footwear firm Columbia Sportswear has appointed former Mexx executive Shawn Cox to the newly-created position of senior vice president of retail....
US women's wear retailer Bebe Stores has appointed Michelle Landgrebe as executive vice president and general merchandising manager of its 2b outlet division....
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- Is China's dream becoming a nightmare scenario?
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms
- ILO backs Burma project to improve work practices
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies