Tommy Hilfiger launches solar-powered jacket
The solar cells charge the battery when exposed to sunlight
The jackets charge electronic devices such as mobile phones and tablets by converting and reserving solar energy. They feature water resistant, lightweight and detachable solar panels, and a cable running through the lining connects them to a battery pack in the jacket's front pocket.
When exposed to full sunlight, the high output solar cells can fully charge the battery pack, which can fully charge a standard 1,500Ah mobile device up to four times.
"Our solar power jacket celebrates classic design and tailored outerwear with innovative solar technology," said Tommy Hilfiger.
The jackets, available for men and women, are sold in select Tommy Hilfiger stores across Europe, North America, Latin America and Asia as well as online for GBP278 (US$436.84).
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Outdoor and camping retailer Cabela's could be seeking a buyer as it revealed plans to "explore and evaluate a wide range of strategic alternatives" to enhance shareholder value. ...
US apparel retailer American Eagle Outfitters has appointed interim CEO Jay Schottenstein to the position on a permanent basis. ...
Sri Lanka's Brandix Group has added to its sustainability accolades by receiving the 'Gold Flame' efficiency award for its new head office, just nine months after it was commissioned. ...
Wolverine Worldwide has promoted Richie Woodworth as president of the clothing and footwear company's Lifestyle Group, which includes the Sperry, Stride Rite, Keds, and Hush Puppies brands....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report