US: Tommy Hilfiger signs intimates deal with Delta Galil
Tommy Hilfiger Group has signed a global licensing deal for women's intimates with Delta Galil Industries Ltd.
Under the multi-year agreement, Israel-based manufacturer Delta Galil will market Tommy Hilfiger women's intimate apparel throughout the United States and key markets around the world.
The collection will be available at select retail locations and premium department stores from August 2008.
Fred Gehring, CEO of Tommy Hilfiger Group, said the partnership "is fully in line with our corporate strategy to elevate the brand and product offerings for our global consumer."
The new range will complement Tommy Hilfiger's other offerings, which include men's and women's casual wear, sportswear, jeans, children's wear and footwear.
Despite all the hype about digital printing over the last few years, just 2% of the world's printed fabric is produced using this method. One of the reasons for this slow uptake is that digital printi...
Supply chain giant Li & Fung today (13 August) said profit rose 18% to HKD$1.24bn (US$159m) for the first half of the year, and announced the acquisition of a US handbag importer....
Footwear retailer the Stride Rite Children's Group has unveiled a new store format called Collections by Stride Rite that it hopes will redefine children's shoe shopping....
Textile manufacturer Chutex Group, which supplies goods for many of the world's top apparel brands, yesterday (3 July) faced a pay strike by 6,000 workers at a Vietnamese plant....
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Sri Lanka and Bangladesh FTA talks underway
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide