USA: Tommy Hilfiger To Close 37 US Specialty Retail Stores
Tommy Hilfiger Corp is to close 37 of its 44 US specialty stores at the end of the Holiday selling season the company announced today. Chief executive officer Joel Horowitz said in a statement that the stores "have not met anticipated performance measures and we now believe that a better use of our management and investment resources is to meet the needs of our US core businesses and to pursue our growth opportunities in Europe." He said the remaining seven stores will be used as "vehicles for developing the exclusive product line."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022