SWITZERLAND: Tonizzo to head up Schoeller Textil knit business
Textile specialist Schoeller Textil has appointed Stefano Tonizzo as head of its knitted textiles division.
The newly-established unit includes all areas relating to knits for the sports sector, and has been set up to strengthen the strategic direction of knitwear products in the company's portfolio.
Schoeller Textil said Tonizzo, who has been at the firm since September 2010, has a comprehensive knowledge of knitted textiles after working at Greuter Jersey for many years. He will be responsible for product development and sales within the knits unit.
The appointment comes after the company acquired Eschler Textil last year in a move that saw the two firms merge their operations to expand their range and global presence.
Schoeller Textil specialises in stretch woven fabrics and smart textile technologies for activewear, workwear and lifestyle apparel.
Clothing made from temperature control fabrics plays a critical role in boosting the physiological comfort of the wearer -- and such comfort can have a vital role to play in the performance of an athl...
A new range of high performance workwear fabrics has been launched as part of a joint project between Klopman International and Schoeller Works, a division of Schoeller Textil....
The latest update in this series of reports summarises the trends which were on show at the European fabric fairs for the spring/summer 2014 season. Despite Europe's continuing economic difficulties, ...
- DENIM DAYS: Jeans innovation bursting at the seams
- Apparel buyers point to potential in Africa
- Rana Plaza two years on: Challenges and concerns
- China undisputed giant of garment exports
- Australian brands lack supply chain visibility
- Gap’s woes “not so easy to fix”
- Myanmar garment workers strike deal
- Authentic Brands acquires Jones New York
- Nepal earthquake prompts Bangladesh factory checks
- Quiksilver shareholder calls for sale