SWITZERLAND: Tonizzo to head up Schoeller Textil knit business
Textile specialist Schoeller Textil has appointed Stefano Tonizzo as head of its knitted textiles division.
The newly-established unit includes all areas relating to knits for the sports sector, and has been set up to strengthen the strategic direction of knitwear products in the company's portfolio.
Schoeller Textil said Tonizzo, who has been at the firm since September 2010, has a comprehensive knowledge of knitted textiles after working at Greuter Jersey for many years. He will be responsible for product development and sales within the knits unit.
The appointment comes after the company acquired Eschler Textil last year in a move that saw the two firms merge their operations to expand their range and global presence.
Schoeller Textil specialises in stretch woven fabrics and smart textile technologies for activewear, workwear and lifestyle apparel.
A new range of high performance workwear fabrics has been launched as part of a joint project between Klopman International and Schoeller Works, a division of Schoeller Textil....
The latest technology from Schoeller is Pyroshell, a permanent flame protection for synthetic fabrics....
- Why have US FTA imports fallen to a record low?
- Collaboration key to the future of smart textiles
- First figures show Bangladesh exports climb
- Synergies Worldwide CEO unravels sourcing shifts
- Rana Plaza three years on – Timeline of change
- Hanesbrands to buy Pacific Brands for $800m
- BHS receives "expressions of interest"
- New loan deal to help upgrade Bangladesh factories
- Lindex planning supplier sustainability scorecard
- Timberland sets new eco-preferred standards