USA: Too Inc Posts Improved Q2 Earnings
Retailer Too Inc today reported improved earnings for the second quarter 2002 helped by higher merchandise margins and lower expenses as a percentage of net sales. Net income for the 2002 quarter was $5.5 million compared to $2.9 million reported for the 2001 period. The firm, which sells apparel for young girls , said net sales for the thirteen weeks ended 3 August 2002 increased 13 per cent to $141.2 million, compared to $125.5 million for the same period last year. Comparable store sales for the 2002 quarter were flat with last year, matching the flat comparable store sales figure for the second quarter 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022