USA: Too Inc Posts Improved Q2 Earnings
Retailer Too Inc today reported improved earnings for the second quarter 2002 helped by higher merchandise margins and lower expenses as a percentage of net sales. Net income for the 2002 quarter was $5.5 million compared to $2.9 million reported for the 2001 period. The firm, which sells apparel for young girls , said net sales for the thirteen weeks ended 3 August 2002 increased 13 per cent to $141.2 million, compared to $125.5 million for the same period last year. Comparable store sales for the 2002 quarter were flat with last year, matching the flat comparable store sales figure for the second quarter 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Where next for retailers in a saturated market?
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Inventory risk shifts in favour of retailers
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020