WORLD: Top 10 apparel brands now worth US$100bn
Apparel is the fastest-growing category, according to the rankings
The world’s top 10 apparel brands have grown in value by 29% and are now worth close to US$100bn, according to the 2014 Brandz Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brand rankings.
Among retailers, Walmart was ranked 22nd, well ahead of Tesco in 66th spot.
At the top of the rankings, Google overtook Apple after the internet business’s value surged up 40% to $159bn.
“This year’s index highlights the end of the recession, with a strong recovery in valuations and, for the first time, real growth across every category and the Top 100 as a whole,” said David Roth, CEO of The Store, WPP.
More than 160 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
Nike is expected to maintain its position as the most important sports brand in Chile. Nike de Chile’s strategy is to continue organising sports events – such as “Nike 10K” or “Nike 300K” – aimed at i...
Signs that the 'Made in the UK' movement is gaining traction were boosted today (18 July) with the news that Tesco's F&F brand has inked a deal with Durham clothing manufacturer the AMA Group....
Nike México SA de CV plans to continue to position itself as one of the top sports brands in the country. In order to accomplish this goal, it will continue sponsoring local sports celebrities and foo...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Weatherproof jackets release harmful chemicals"
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies