WORLD: Top 10 apparel brands now worth US$100bn
Apparel is the fastest-growing category, according to the rankings
The world’s top 10 apparel brands have grown in value by 29% and are now worth close to US$100bn, according to the 2014 Brandz Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brand rankings.
Among retailers, Walmart was ranked 22nd, well ahead of Tesco in 66th spot.
At the top of the rankings, Google overtook Apple after the internet business’s value surged up 40% to $159bn.
“This year’s index highlights the end of the recession, with a strong recovery in valuations and, for the first time, real growth across every category and the Top 100 as a whole,” said David Roth, CEO of The Store, WPP.
NIKE, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings ......
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Nike is expected to maintain its position as the most important sports brand in Chile. Nike de Chile’s strategy is to continue organising sports events – such as “Nike 10K” or “Nike 300K” – aimed at i...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at the risk to Lesotho's textile and clothing production if the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA) is not renewed, delays to a major...
Nike México SA de CV plans to continue to position itself as one of the top sports brands in the country. In order to accomplish this goal, it will continue sponsoring local sports celebrities and foo...
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Swedish textile water project to expand globally
- Organic cotton assessment tool launches
- PVH “pleased” after swinging to Q4 profit
- Apparel and textiles rank high on EU alert system
- Lululemon Athletica on “strong growth” track
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019