WORLD: Top 10 apparel brands now worth US$100bn
Apparel is the fastest-growing category, according to the rankings
The world’s top 10 apparel brands have grown in value by 29% and are now worth close to US$100bn, according to the 2014 Brandz Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brand rankings.
Among retailers, Walmart was ranked 22nd, well ahead of Tesco in 66th spot.
At the top of the rankings, Google overtook Apple after the internet business’s value surged up 40% to $159bn.
“This year’s index highlights the end of the recession, with a strong recovery in valuations and, for the first time, real growth across every category and the Top 100 as a whole,” said David Roth, CEO of The Store, WPP.
Nike plans to maintain its position in Greece by continuing a marketing strategy which is expanding to include more product designs and wider product variety in order to appeal to increasingly differe...
Nike continues to create a supportive community around its brand via the promotion of sports activities, for example the Nike Night Run. At the registration stage each participant receives a race shir...
Nike Venezuela is present in apparel in Venezuela with its own Nike stores, where only Nike products are sold. The stores’ product assortment varies from functional items, used to practice a specific ...
Nike Italia is expected to continue to benefit from the iconic appeal of the Nike brand in Italy in the forecast period, particularly as casual clothing such as sports-inspired apparel and footwear is...
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Mexico makers see rise in exports and local demand
- Asian union development and the Western response
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- LF Corp to streamline planning and sourcing
- Eliminating risk tops sustainability agenda
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- US upgrade paves way for Malaysia in TPP
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects