DENMARK: Top Designer Takes Fashion Into The Space Age
The fashion designer and ex-model Isabel Kristensen is to hold a fashion show in space. She has been experimenting in weightless surroundings and testing different materials such as chiffon for their weightless properties.The fashion show is slated for this Autumn, although no date has been set yet. In an interview on Denmark's TV2 breakfast show, she described her excitement for the project, but didn't reveal any of the new designs. Ms Kristensen has also been researching how different textiles drape in zero gravity. She said that she had initially intended to use chiffon but, since experiencing weightlessness, she has re-thought the whole collection.The fashion show will use a Russian Iljushin plane that was used for scenes in the hit film Apollo 13. It has also been used to train Russian cosmonauts in weightlessness.Danish newspaper Berlingske Tidende reported that Ms Kristensen got the idea when visiting the NASA space station in the US. When she returned to her showroom in Monaco she was full of cosmic ideas.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack