DENMARK: Top Designer Takes Fashion Into The Space Age
The fashion designer and ex-model Isabel Kristensen is to hold a fashion show in space. She has been experimenting in weightless surroundings and testing different materials such as chiffon for their weightless properties.The fashion show is slated for this Autumn, although no date has been set yet. In an interview on Denmark's TV2 breakfast show, she described her excitement for the project, but didn't reveal any of the new designs. Ms Kristensen has also been researching how different textiles drape in zero gravity. She said that she had initially intended to use chiffon but, since experiencing weightlessness, she has re-thought the whole collection.The fashion show will use a Russian Iljushin plane that was used for scenes in the hit film Apollo 13. It has also been used to train Russian cosmonauts in weightlessness.Danish newspaper Berlingske Tidende reported that Ms Kristensen got the idea when visiting the NASA space station in the US. When she returned to her showroom in Monaco she was full of cosmic ideas.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020