USA: Top Golfer Extends Contract With FootJoy And Titleist
Acushnet Company, the parent company of the Titleist, FootJoy, and Cobra golf equipment brands, announced today that it has agreed to a multi-year deal with Jesper Parnevik to continue wearing FootJoy shoes and gloves and playing Titleist golf balls. The contract extension runs through 2003. Terms were not disclosed. A native of Sweden and a two-time member of the European Ryder Cup team, Parnevik has relied upon Titleist golf balls and FootJoy shoes exclusively since turning professional in 1986. Currently the ninth-ranked golfer in the world, Parnevik is also among the top five on the 2000 PGA TOUR in scoring, putting, earnings and top 10 finishes with nine. "We are excited that our relationship with Jesper will continue," said Wally Uihlein, chairman and CEO of Acushnet. "Jesper is a world-class golfer whose dynamic persona is recognized and appreciated internationally. He is a great ambassador for the Titleist golf ball and FootJoy brands." "I am extremely excited about extending my association with Acushnet company, as I have played Titleist golf balls and FootJoy products throughout my professional career," said Parnevik. "Over the past several years, Jesper has become synonymous with the FootJoy brand," stated Jim Connor, president, FootJoy. "Jesper has an appetite for the new and unusual and will continue to be a valuable contributor to FootJoy's style leadership on tour and wherever golf is played." Parnevik is among 7 of the top 10 ranked players in the world who wear FootJoy shoes.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts