USA: Top Golfer Extends Contract With FootJoy And Titleist
Acushnet Company, the parent company of the Titleist, FootJoy, and Cobra golf equipment brands, announced today that it has agreed to a multi-year deal with Jesper Parnevik to continue wearing FootJoy shoes and gloves and playing Titleist golf balls. The contract extension runs through 2003. Terms were not disclosed. A native of Sweden and a two-time member of the European Ryder Cup team, Parnevik has relied upon Titleist golf balls and FootJoy shoes exclusively since turning professional in 1986. Currently the ninth-ranked golfer in the world, Parnevik is also among the top five on the 2000 PGA TOUR in scoring, putting, earnings and top 10 finishes with nine. "We are excited that our relationship with Jesper will continue," said Wally Uihlein, chairman and CEO of Acushnet. "Jesper is a world-class golfer whose dynamic persona is recognized and appreciated internationally. He is a great ambassador for the Titleist golf ball and FootJoy brands." "I am extremely excited about extending my association with Acushnet company, as I have played Titleist golf balls and FootJoy products throughout my professional career," said Parnevik. "Over the past several years, Jesper has become synonymous with the FootJoy brand," stated Jim Connor, president, FootJoy. "Jesper has an appetite for the new and unusual and will continue to be a valuable contributor to FootJoy's style leadership on tour and wherever golf is played." Parnevik is among 7 of the top 10 ranked players in the world who wear FootJoy shoes.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020