HONG KONG: Top Grade to use sustainable African cotton
Top Grade International co-operates with Cotton made in Africa
Clothing and textiles made with sustainable cotton produced in a number of sub-Saharan African countries will be available to wholesalers and retailers worldwide after Top Grade International joined the Cotton made in Africa (CmiA) initiative.
The Hong Kong based company, which is part of the Royal Spirit Group, sells clothing to wholesalers, retail chains, and specialty retailers.
Producing around 30m pieces a year, TGI is one of the leading textile exporters in Bangladesh, and was one of the first Asian companies to sign the Accord on Fire and Building Safety.
Products with the CmiA label are set to be imported through the Hollywood Solutions distribution channel and distributed within the European Union.
In addition, CmiA will be used for the Europtex Fashion distribution channel for internet, television, and mail order.
More than 20 textile companies worldwide and 475,000 smallholder farmers in Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Malawi, and the Ivory Coast participate in the CmiA initiative.
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Ultrasonic execs disappear along with company cash
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details