HONG KONG: Top Grade to use sustainable African cotton
Top Grade International co-operates with Cotton made in Africa
Clothing and textiles made with sustainable cotton produced in a number of sub-Saharan African countries will be available to wholesalers and retailers worldwide after Top Grade International joined the Cotton made in Africa (CmiA) initiative.
The Hong Kong based company, which is part of the Royal Spirit Group, sells clothing to wholesalers, retail chains, and specialty retailers.
Producing around 30m pieces a year, TGI is one of the leading textile exporters in Bangladesh, and was one of the first Asian companies to sign the Accord on Fire and Building Safety.
Products with the CmiA label are set to be imported through the Hollywood Solutions distribution channel and distributed within the European Union.
In addition, CmiA will be used for the Europtex Fashion distribution channel for internet, television, and mail order.
More than 20 textile companies worldwide and 475,000 smallholder farmers in Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Malawi, and the Ivory Coast participate in the CmiA initiative.
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Alliance brands "staying the course" in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- Bangladesh denied US GSP re-entry on worker rights
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis