AUSTRALIA: Top Retailer Chooses New Chief
Country Road has promoted Ian Moir, former chief operating officer, to chief executive officer. He replaces Ian Thompson.Country Road, based in Australia, operates as a retailer and wholesaler and is owned by the South African Woolworths Holdings group. The company says that the departing CEO will still work with the organisation in a consultancy role and will deal with strategic direction and identifying new business opportunities.Mr Moir was previously director of operations for the former International Wool Secretariat, which is based in the UK.The company has also appointed two new board members - Jonathan Pinshaw from of John Fairfax Holdings Ltd and Ron Baker from Mitre 10.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Wage abuses can’t be eliminated by software and PR
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- Bangladesh calls for duty-free access to US
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022