Top stories on just-style last week...
Top stories on just-style last week included H&M unveiling the name of its new chain, Wal-Mart revealing details of its Women in Factories programme, and PVH being included among companies receiving top marks in a child labour risk report.
SWEDEN: H&M plans to call new brand "& Other Stories"
Fashion retailer H&M Hennes & Mauritz confirmed to just-style that the new chain it is planning to launch next year will be called "& Other Stories".
Sri Lankan apparel industry in optimistic mood
Sri Lanka's apparel manufacturers see export demand holding up this year despite concerns about a slowing European economy, thanks to a focus on ethical manufacturing, factory investment, and the arrival of new international buyers. Dilshami Samaraweera spoke with firms showcasing their products at the recent Sri Lanka Expo 2012.
US: Wal-Mart launches Women in Factories programme
US retail giant Wal-Mart has revealed details of a new five-year initiative aimed at empowering 60,000 women working at its supplier factories in India, Bangladesh, China and Central America - which should also lead to higher quality products and lower prices.
just-style management briefing: Sustainable solutions to boost textile recycling
Re-using and reprocessing clothing, fibres and scraps is an effective way to create sustainability in the apparel industry - although textile recycling is currently facing barriers associated with cost, time, and technology. But as sustainability gains in importance, many services are being offered by both apparel manufacturers and other clothing and sector organisations to help improve recycling outputs.
GLOBAL: Brands receive top marks in child labour risk report
PVH, Adidas, Gildan Activewear, Next, Gap and H&M have received top marks in a report ranking companies on how they manage and disclose risks of child labour use and children's rights violations in their operations and supply chains.
A rise in footwear retail sales along with a surge in domestic manufacturing contributed to make 2011 a "very positive year" for the US footwear industry, according to data from the American Apparel &...
Top stories on just-style this week include news that Gap will introduce new fire safety standards at supplier factories in Bangladesh, a look at the new outsourcing players to challenge existing expo...
Mother, baby and children's goods retailer Mothercare has announced two management appointments as it looks to focus on its global operations....
NGC Software is extending its PLM and ERP software to fashion sales representatives through a strategic relationship with Threadvine Apparel & Footwear Solutions....
Bangladesh's state minister for labour has told just-style an immediate pay hike for garment sector workers is not possible despite employees' demands for a 30% increase....
Seamless apparel specialist Tefron today (4 October) said it has signed a licensing agreement with X-Technology Swiss Research & Development (XTS) to manufacture and distribute high performance sports...
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report