Top stories on just-style this week...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story.
Baugur bids for Moss Bros
UK: Baugur launches GBP40m bid for Moss Bros
Struggling men's wear retailer Moss Bros Group received a takeover bid from Icelandic investor Baugur Group on Monday (24 February) that values the business at GBP40m (US$78.7m).
Puma sees strong sales
GERMANY: Puma Q4 sales hike ends year on high note
Sportswear giant Puma ended 2007 with a strong fourth quarter sales performance, with revenues rising more than 10%, it said on Tuesday.
Base buyers emerge
UK: Base Boys and Menswear units sold
The Base Boys and Base Menswear brands were sold to their former management on Wednesday, saving around 70 jobs.
M&S on its travels
UK: M&S invests EUR50m in Eastern European venture
UK retailer Marks & Spencer announced spening EUR50m (US$75.9m) on buying a 50% stake in a joint venture with Greek chain Marinopoulos, which already operates M&S stores in Eastern Europe today.
Gap tightens up
US: Cost-cutting helps Gap to 21% hike in Q4 profit
Cost cutting and tight controls over inventory helped Gap Inc to a 21% jump in fourth quarter profit today, but did little to stem sliding sales at the Gap and Old Navy chains.
As the start of this summer's Beijing Olympics attracts around four billion onlookers from over 200 countries, leading brands are tussling for the inside lane and marketing gold. Joe Ayling reports on...
French luxury goods operator PPR Group has posted first-half net income up 17% to EUR344m (US$506.4m), attributed to the improvement of group operating performance and tighter control over financial c...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
Suit retailer Moss Bros Group, which earlier in the year vetted a GBP40m (US$79m) acquisition bid from Icelandic investor Baugur Group, has reshuffled its board of directors....
Profits at Germany sports goods giant Puma fell 4.3% in the first half of 2008, despite a recovery in sales and earnings in the second quarter....
The European Commission this week revealed details of its next three-year tranche of trade preferences for developing countries - and confirmed reports published on just-style last month that it inten...
French luxury goods group PPR reported sales of EUR4.7bn (US$7.4bn) during the second quarter, up 4.5%, thanks in part to a 16% increase in sales for its Gucci Group....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Hong Kong's Winds Group to open Haiti factory
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022