Top stories on just-style this week...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story.
Ebay fined for fakes
FRANCE: Court fines Ebay EUR40m for selling fakes
A French court today (30 June) ordered online auction site Ebay to pay EUR40m (US$63m) to luxury goods group LVMH for selling fake copies of its products on Monday (30 June).
Asos profit snowballs
UK: Online retailer Asos more than doubles FY profit
Internet fashion retailer Asos has lifted its full year profit by 117% to GBP7.3m (US$14.53m), benefiting from increased numbers of shoppers flocking to its website.
Nike on track
UK: Nike in the blocks for Olympics advertising
Nike will focus most of its advertising efforts on athletes and teams at the forthcoming Beijing Olympics - amid reports that it might not enjoy the television exposure afforded to official sponsors like Adidas, just-style was told late Wednesday (2 July).
M&S shares plummet
UK: Marks & Spencer warns on profit as sales slump
Shares in UK retailer Marks & Spencer plunged more than 20% on Wednesday (2 July) after the retailer issued a surprise profit warning amid weakening consumer confidence and slumping sales.
Vietnam garment strike
VIETNAM: 6,000-worker strike at leading supplier Chutex
Textile manufacturer Chutex Group, which supplies goods for many of the world's top apparel brands, yesterday (3 July) faced a 6,000-worker pay strike at a Vietnamese plant, just-style exclusively found out.
UK sportswear retailer JJB Sports has today (2 January) announced the appointment of Sir David Jones, currently its deputy chairman, to the role of executive chairman....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
Sportswear giant Nike has recorded a 9% increase in second quarter profit to US$391m, boosted by strong performances in Asia Pacific and the Americas....
A "back to basics" approach has helped retailer Sports Direct post a better-than-expected 7.4% rise in underlying earnings during the company's first half....
US sporting goods firm Nike has unveiled the new Nike Zoom Kobe IV, described as its lightest basketball shoe ever, which will be launched in China from the start of next year....
Leading footwear players like Adidas, Puma and Nike are likely to shift some of their purchasing and production from China to India over the next three years, according to new research, as Chinese pro...
Jordan Brand, a division of Nike, has launched a new marketing campaign in the US....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020