Top stories on just-style this week...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story.
Primark profits soar
UK: Primark defies economic storm with 17% FY profit hike
Budget fashion retailer Primark has bucked the UK's economic downturn with a 17% hike in full-year profit to GBP233m (US$374.5m) this week.
Columbia job cuts
US: Columbia Sportswear axes 75 jobs as orders slide
Columbia Sportswear is to reduce its workforce by 4%, the company announced, cutting 75 positions as a result of declining orders and tough market conditions.
Adidas profit slows
GERMANY: Adidas Q3 profit edges up but scraps 2009 outlook
Sportswear giant Adidas Group today (6 November) reported a 2% rise in third quarter profit, but scrapped its financial outlook for the year ahead blaming economic uncertainty.
McQueen Target tie-up
US: Target to team up with McQ Alexander McQueen
Alexander McQueen is to design a range for US value fashion chain Target as part of a new programme launched by the retailer to team up with leading fashion designers.
M&S downturn hits home
UK: M&S suffers 34% drop in first-half profit
First-half profits at Britain's biggest clothing retailer, Marks & Spencer Group Plc, have plunged by more than 30% as the weakening economy continues to erode consumer confidence.
In just under a week's time the world's fourth largest trade fair venue will open its doors to IMB 2009. The last IMB event in 2006 welcomed some 25,000 visitors to view the latest in apparel and text...
China's fledgling eco-textile companies are facing slowing growth as Western brands cut back on expensive fabrics. But environmentally friendly products still present better opportunities than mainstr...
Surf brand O'Neill Group has anounced that Jan Valdmaa has been appointed as its new chief executive officer, replacing interim CEO Tom Heidman....
Columbia Sportswear Company saw its first quarter net income tumble to US$6.9m, from $19.9m for the same period of 2008, due in part to weaker international sales....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
Discount clothing chain Primark posted a 10% rise in first-half profits, but warned that rising overheads and currency effects would hit margins for the rest of the year....
Sports wear giant Adidas has launched a new range of yoga apparel, footwear and accessories developed in collaboration with yoga expert Rainbeau Mars....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack