Top stories on just-style this week...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story.
Primark supplier investigation
UK: Primark rocked as supplier is accused of illegal labour
Discount fashion chain Primark is investigating allegations of illegal labour practices at one of its suppliers in the UK which passed two independent audits last year.
Claiborne credit deal
US: Liz Claiborne agrees credit deal, reduces guidance
US women's wear group Liz Claiborne has extended its bank credit facility after reducing year-end debt ahead of expectations, but says fourth quarter earnings are likely to be lower than forecast.
JJB Christmas slump
UK: JJB Sports posts FY profits warning as Xmas sales slip
British sportswear retailer JJB Sports has warned that it expects to post a full-year loss after sales fell over the key Christmas trading period.
Gottschalks Chapter 11 filing
US: Gottschalks aims for rescue under Chapter 11
Department store group Gottschalks has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, but hopes to rescue the company through a quick sale.
Saks job cuts
US: Saks slashes 9% of company workforce
US retailer Saks has announced reductions of approximately 1,100 corporate support and store jobs, equating to approximately 9% of the total company workforce.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Executives from some of the world's leading retailers and brands last week shared their thoughts on what the economic crisis means to their businesses at the Reuters Global Luxury and Global Retail su...
UK retailer Marks and Spencer (M&S) has refuted accusations of hypocrisy today (10 July) in relation to a comment about supply chain practices at this week's company AGM....
UK value fashion retailer Primark has reported a 21% rise in sales in the 16 weeks to 20 June, bringing its year-to-date increase to 20%....
Fabric and apparel maker Bombay Rayon Fashion Ltd has posted a full-year consolidated net profit of INR1.37bn (US$28.6m)....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
Discount fashion chain Primark has signed up to a Government code that commits it to paying its suppliers on time and without trying to change payment terms retrospectively....
Claire Stansfield, one of the founders and original owners of C&C California, has agreed to re-join the management team of the iconic T-shirt brand she co-founded in 2002....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective