Top stories on just-style this week...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story.
Tommy Hilfiger merges ops
EXCLUSIVE: US: Tommy Hilfiger to merge North American operations
Fashion and lifestyle firm Tommy Hilfiger is merging its operations in the US and Canada, the company confirmed exclusively to just-style, in a move that will create a new business unit called Tommy Hilfiger North America.
Pacific Brands restructuring
AUSTRALIA: Pacific Brands lures buyers to save jobs
Troubled Australian clothing firm Pacific Brands has welcomed buyers for parts of its business it is looking to salvage as part of restructuring announced last month.
John Lewis profit slumps
UK: John Lewis eyes "tough" 2009 after 26% FY profit fall
Department and food store operator John Lewis Partnership is expecting a "very tough" 2009 after the company posted a 26% fall in full-year profit to GBP279.6m (US$386.4m).
Tween Brands store closures
US: Tween Brands to close up to 40 stores
Retailer Tween Brands is to shutter up to 40 stores this year as it continues to overhaul the business, converting all of its outlets to the Justice brand.
American Apparel stake sale
US: American Apparel sells 18% stake for $80m
US fashion retailer American Apparel Inc has sold an 18% stake in its business to British private equity firm Lion Capital for $80m, which it will use to pay off some of its debt.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Collective Brands has seen a fall in its second quarter sales. However, net earnings were up on a favourable comparison to the same period last year when the company took a hit on litigation costs....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style. Click on each headline for the full story....
Australian apparel giant Pacific Brands slid to a full-year loss of A$234.3m (US$195m), hit by a wave of cost cuts and restructuring expenses....
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts