Top stories on just-style this week...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story.
Burberry hit by expenses
UK: Burberry revenues top GBP1bn but charges hit profits
Despite reporting revenues that topped GBP1bn for the first time, Burberry Group has slipped into the red for its full year. The company was hit by a series of expenses, including a one-off impairment charge in Spain.
M&S profits slide
M&S unveils plan to get business back on track
Retailer Marks & Spencer, the UK's biggest clothing retailer, has launched a new initiative to accelerate changes to the way it carries out its business after posting a 37.5% slump in annual profits.
JD Sports ventures to France
UK: JD Sports acquires Chausport for EUR8m
Sporting goods retailer JD Sports Fashion has acquired French sports footwear retailer Chausport for EUR8m (US$11m) and a net debt of EUR2m.
Bay Trading cutbacks
UK: More than 1,200 jobs to go as Bay Trading is sold
About 1,230 jobs are to be lost at fashion chain Bay Trading after administrators managed to find a buyer for around half of its 255 outlets.
Gap profits dip
US: Lower sales, margins drag Gap Q1 profit down 14%
A decline in margins coupled with lower sales across all its divisions have dragged specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc down to a 13.7% drop in first quarter profit.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The wide gulf that exists between US retailers, importers and textile makers was highlighted this week as Congress embarked on the first steps of a review of trade preference programmes and how they f...
This week's third quarter figures suggest that US fashion retailers appear to have steadied the ship - at least on the bottom line....
Although luxury goods firm Burberry Group has posted lower profits for the first half period, it improved sales and has ambitious targets for the next three years....
Legislation that suggests extending the US' largest duty-free trade preference programme by ten years and allowing textiles, apparel and footwear to be included for the first time, has been welcomed b...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style. Click on each headline for the full story....
Action sports retailer Zumiez Inc has posted third quarter net income below that of last year but ahead of its expectations, with net sales slightly down....
US clothing retailer Gap Inc is teaming up with fashion designer Stella McCartney for a second collection of kids' and baby wear....
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022