Top stories on just-style this week...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story.
Triumph faces union angst
GERMANY: Triumph defends Thailand severance deals
German lingerie company Triumph International has responded to reports in Thailand that a workers union is demanding better severance packages for displaced workers there.
N Brown sales boost
UK: Warm weather lifts N Brown sales by 5.1%
The recent spell of warm weather has helped lift clothing and footwear sales at home shopping firm N Brown Group Plc, but an increase in bad debts has led to a drop in gross profit margins the company said.
JJB backs boss loan
UK: JJB Sports pledges support for CEO over GBP1.5m loan
Troubled UK sportswear retailer JJB Sports Plc has come out in support of its executive chairman Sir David Jones, after it was revealed at the weekend that he had received a GBP1.5m loan from Mike Ashley, the owner of arch rival Sports Direct.
UK: M&S shareholders back Sir Stuart as chairman
A loyal 62.3% of Marks and Spencer (M&S) shareholders have voted to keep Sir Stuart Rose running as its chairman until 2011, after rebel shareholders once again opposed the company's corporate governance strategy.
Uniqlo strides ahead
JAPAN: Fast Retailing lifts FY outlook on strong Q3
Fast Retailing has lifted its full-year forecasts after profits for the nine months to May jumped by 24%, helped by better-than-expected sales at its low-cost Uniqlo casual clothing brand.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Underwear, lingerie and swimwear manufacturer Triumph International celebrates its 125th anniversary in 2011. Here the company's managing director and co-owner Dieter Braun, and Jörg Wagner from the C...
The appointment of a new chief executive at major UK sportswear retailer JJB Sports, after just under a year-long search, will comfort the company's shareholders, particularly given the unsettling exi...
Pinning your hopes on the success of the England football team can be a soul-destroying business, as any long-suffering fan will tell you. So it's as well that the success of retailer Sports Direct In...
Design colleges have a key role to play if ethically-produced products are to make the move from fringe to mainstream - even though educators themselves admit they face an uphill struggle in changing ...
Even though consumers are increasingly aware of ethical fashions, they are still reluctant to spend more money on products that have been sustainably sourced, according to industry executives in Sri L...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
Sporting goods chain JJB Sports has seen sales plummet since it reached the first half of its financial year, and said in an interim statement today (17 December) that it remains cautious about the fe...
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Update - Bangladesh "business as usual"
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar