Top stories on just-style this week...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story.
Swimwear under spotlight
US: Swimwear group takes tough stance on bodysuits
New rules setting out the shape and material of the record-breaking high-tech bodysuits worn by competitive swimmers have been described by Speedo as "a retrograde step that could be detrimental to the future of swimming."
LVMH fashion uptick
FRANCE: LVMH profit slips despite strong fashion showing
Luxury goods powerhouse LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton recorded a 23% slump in first half profit, despite a strong showing from the company's fashion and leather goods division.
Adidas leather lockdown
GERMANY: Adidas imposes tough leather sourcing rules
Sportswear giant Adidas has responded to Greenpeace claims connecting the sourcing of leather with rainforest destruction by unveiling a set of stringent supplier requirements.
Hugo Boss decline
GERMANY: Hugo Boss H1 net income falls 19%
German fashion firm Hugo Boss posted a 19% slump in first-half net income, due to higher impairment losses on receivables and higher write-downs on inventories.
PPR profit suffers
FRANCE: PPR profit drops 19% but beats expectations
Luxury goods group PPR posted a 19% drop in first half profits to EUR281m (US$397m), ahead of the expectations of most analysts.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Adidas Group says its "primary concern is for the well-being of the SS Venture workers and their families" after the Philippines footwear supplier indicated it will close at the cost of 688 jobs....
The use of polyurethane in performance swimwear is credited with securing 235 world records over the past two years. But a ban on the use of the material in competitions from 1 January 2010 is set to ...
Having delivered apparel and footwear industry news for the past decade, just-style takes a reflective look through its archives to highlight ten key themes that have helped shape the apparel industry...
Adidas' Originals spring and summer offer for 2010 features a new blue label collection known as 'Originals A.039'....
Worker rights organisation the Clean Clothes Campaign (CCC) said in a statement that major sportswear brands have taken insufficient action in recent years to improve wages and working conditions at s...
Adidas Japan has announced the signing of world famous cobbler Hitoshi Mimura as an exclusive consultant to the company at a press conference in Tokyo....
Online footwear retailer Spartoo.com has secured EUR12m (US$17.5m) in additional funding to help accelerate the next stage of the company's growth....
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar