Top stories on just-style this week...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story.
Guatemala industry woes
GUATEMALA: 60,000 textile jobs lost in five years
Guatemala's textiles industry has lost 60,000 jobs in the past five years, according to a fresh survey from social research association ASIES obtained by just-style.
Hartmarx factories shut
US: Two Hartmarx factories close amid sale dispute
A last-minute dispute over costs not only held up the final sale of bankrupt suit maker Hartmarx to British private equity firm Emerisque and SKNL North America - but also led to the closure of two of the firm's factories with the loss of around 475 jobs.
Escada files insolvent
GERMANY: Escada to file for insolvency as restructuring fails
Fashion house Escada will file for insolvency this week after the company's last-ditch bid to restructure its finances failed to find favour with shareholders.
Mint Velvet launch
UK: Ex-Principles management set up new fashion brand
The management team of shuttered UK high street brand Principles has returned with a new women's wear brand called Mint Velvet.
Talbots sourcing tie-up
US: The Talbots inks Li & Fung sourcing deal
Women's wear retailer The Talbots has signed a buying agency agreement with consumer goods sourcing specialist Li & Fung.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Escada, the bankrupt German luxury fashion brand, is ready to make a new beginning after being bought by Indian steel tycoon Lakshmi Mittal's daughter-in-law Megha Mittal for an undisclosed sum....
Having delivered apparel and footwear industry news for the past decade, just-style takes a reflective look through its archives to highlight ten key themes that have helped shape the apparel industry...
Like just about every other business sector on the planet, retailers continued to be affected by global economic turmoil during 2009. Companies previously intent on expansion and growth turned to cost...
Retail consulting firm Retail Process Engineering (RPE) has hired IT industry veteran Bruce Ash as its new vice president of strategic consulting....
Struggling apparel retailer The Talbots has amended its loan arrangements to repay all of its outstanding third party debt - part of the company's merger plans....
Aeon Co, Japan's second largest retailer, is to spin-off its Jusco shoe business into a separate subsidiary as part of moves to shake-up its struggling general merchandise operations....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style. Click on each headline for the full story....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective