Top stories on just-style this week...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style. Click on each headline for the full story.
Primark ups profit
UK: Primark expecting 7% FY sales growth
Fast fashion firm Primark is expected to post like-for-like sales growth of 7% for the full-year, driven by a very strong performance in the UK.
Laura Ashley sales spike
UK: Laura Ashley H1 boosted by strong clothing sales
Strong demand for its clothing lines has helped Laura Ashley Holdings Plc to a 6.3% rise in first-half sales, with the fashion and home furnishings retailer optimistic this momentum will continue for the rest of its financial year.
Talbots hit by Q2 loss
INSIGHT: The Talbots Q2 loss widens as sales slump
The Talbots saw its second quarter loss nearly double as sales continued to spiral down - but still managed to trump analyst forecasts.
N Brown buys unit
UK: High & Mighty stores sold to N Brown
More than half of the stores operated by High & Mighty, the specialist retailer of clothing and footwear for tall men, have been bought by home shopping group N Brown.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Discount and value retailers have transformed the clothing industry in recent years, reinventing the consumer perception of a bargain and squeezing supply margins....
Value clothing chain Primark has seen a strong first-half, with same-store sales up 8% in the past six months, owner Associated British Foods (ABF) said today (22 February)....
UK supermarket chain Asda has reported a 6% rise in full-year same-store sales, and announced it is opening a new Bangladesh sourcing office for its George clothing line in April....
UK value retailer Primark has apologised for the distress caused to a customer who found a sharp blade in a pair of baby shoes he bought for his son....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
Value clothing retailer Primark has agreed a "wide-ranging" ethical trade action plan following an inquiry commissioned by the Ethical Trading Initiative (ETI)....
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts