Top stories on just-style this week...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story.
Hugo Boss plant shuts
US: Hugo Boss to close Ohio suit plant
German clothing firm Hugo Boss AG is to shutter its men's suit plant in Cleveland, Ohio with the loss of around 300 jobs, just-style learnt this week.
Next profit guidance raised
UK: Next ups guidance on "better than expected" Christmas
Fashion retailer Next increased its full-year profit guidance this week after "better than expected" sales in the crucial pre-Christmas trading period.
M&S sales lift
INSIGHT: Relieved M&S eyes future with caution
There was a slightly sniffy City reaction to Marks & Spencer's third quarter results, but Sir Stuart Rose and his colleagues will surely have been quietly relieved to return to positive like-for-like sales growth in the run-up to Christmas.
Full Pearl investment
HONG KONG: Daphne to buy Full Pearl stake for HK$195m
Chinese shoe manufacturer and retailer Daphne International Holdings Limited is investing HK$195m (US$25m) for a 60% stake in Full Pearl International Ltd, in a move that takes it into the high-end footwear market.
Cashmere jobs on the line
UK: 170 jobs under threat at Scottish cashmere firm
More than 170 jobs are at risk after Scottish Borders-based JJ&HB Cashmere Mills - better known under its former name Ballantyne Cashmere - went into administration.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Western brands and retailers whose orders have been caught up in last week's violent protests by garment workers in Bangladesh will no doubt take some comfort from news that hundreds of garment factor...
UK retailer Marks & Spencer is in a more advantageous position than other retailers in light of the emergency budget, according to analysts. ...
A UK company that has supplied socks to Britain's armed forces for 80 years has lost its contract to a firm in Northern Ireland which makes its socks in China....
Apparel firm Ike Behar Apparel & Design has broadened its licensing partnership with Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation to include dress shirts. ...
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack