Top stories on just-style this week...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story.
Organic cotton claims catch H&M
SWEDEN: H&M defends organic cotton after contamination report
Swedish retailer H&M has maintained that its organic cotton garments sourced from India were not contaminated with genetically modified seeds, amid a recent scare.
Wal-Mart sourcing deal
US: Wal-Mart agrees $2bn sourcing deal with Li & Fung
Retail giant Wal-Mart Stores Inc has agreed a strategic alliance with Li & Fung as part of a shake-up of its global sourcing structure in a bid to reduce costs, improve quality and accelerate its speed to market.
Eco fashion surge
WORLD: Eco-fashion to surge on shopper demand
The use of environmentally friendly materials and fairtrade and ethical production standards is likely to become mainstream in the next decade in the global apparel sector, industry experts predict.
INSIGHT: Hanesbrands ripe and ready for recovery
There's a theme emerging to many results presentations at the moment: they're not so much about past results, but concern themselves more with what's around the corner.
H&M expansion strategy
INSIGHT: Top line still crucial for aggressive H&M
The aggressively expansionist approach of fashion retailer H&M shows no signs of slowing - but reaction to the company's full-year results show there's more to success than just opening new stores.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA) has welcomed the renewal of a total ban on US imports from Burma - and called on President Obama to ratify it as soon as possible....
An apparel boss at US retail giant Wal-Mart, Dottie Mattison, has reportedly resigned from her role at the firm. ...
Lifestyle brands company VF Corporation posted a record second quarter profit, buoyed by revenue surges for its Outdoor & Action Sports and Contemporary Brands businesses, up 12% and 18% respectively....
Footwear specialist Deckers Outdoor Corporation posted a second quarter profit of US$8.9m, boosted by above-plan sales rises for its Ugg and Teva brands, plus soaring international and retail revenues...
Trade event Sourcing at Magic will showcase more than 700 apparel and footwear manufacturers this year as it finds its feet as the major fashion sourcing event in North America. ...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story. ...
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective