Top stories on just-style this week...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story.
UK: Ethel Austin falls back into administration
UK fashion retailer Ethel Austin has filed for administration for the second time in as many years.
MADAGASCAR: Braces for possible EU sanctions
Madagascar's garment industry is bracing itself for possible European Union (EU) sanctions, less than two months after the US removed the country's duty-free concession under the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA).
ANALYSIS: Bangladesh and Cambodia see mixed export fortunes
The global economic crisis has favoured apparel exports from some of the world’s poorest nations, but stunted the growth of others, according to a UN report.
UK: PPR boss pays tribute to “genius” Alexander McQueen
The boss of luxury retail group Pinault-Printemps Redoute (PPR), which owns the Alexander McQueen brand, has paid tribute to "one of the greatest designers of his generation" following the designer's death yesterday (11 February).
COMMENT: Retailers not ready to cash in chips
It has been a week of dashed hopes for two UK fashion retailers, with value chain New Look pulling its IPO and discount store Matalan shelving plans to sell up, but patience could still prove to be a virtue for both.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
A few years ago, top retail executive Sir Phillip Green described the UK high street as 'saturated', and it will feel even more so if supermarket giant Tesco enters the fray. ...
Diverse luxury goods-focused group PPR saw first half net profit more than double thanks to strong revenue growth outside the euro zone and in emerging markets in particular....
UK fast fashion firm New Look has announced that Lex Gemas, group chief operating officer, has decided to leave the company with immediate effect for personal reasons, after just over a year in the ro...
German sporting goods firm Puma, a subsidiary of French conglomerate PPR, has confirmed the appointment of Alexander Hagen as its new general manager, European Economic Area (EEA)....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- US Q4 in brief – Dillard's, Macy's, Walmart
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar